[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

11th Anniversary Set = MAKES ME SO MAD

thatplantthatplant
Reactions: 765
edited May 2017 in Rants and Raves
let me put you in my shoes. imagine having 9 out of 11 maple treasure equips. okay?
farming for 200 stinkin' treasure boxes for HOURS.
only hoping to get 1 thing for the day so you can get the other item the next day. (shoulders & cape) KNOWING THERE IS ABOUT 2-3 DAYS LEFT OF THE EVENT.
USING 200 FRICKEN TREASURES AND NOT GETTING A SINGLE THING YOU'VE BEEN NEEDING.?!?!?!??!?!??!!? WHY.
I invested all of my time and effort, farming for those treasure boxes, everyday, and it's really testing my patience. It's not even enjoyable at this point but I'm not giving up because I'm in too deep and I refuse to give up, otherwise i'll hate myself and would want to quit. I haven't even gotten any luck with the coin shop treasure boxes, like that'll give me a good chance right? but nah.
347 / 361 for the medal. just to give you my perspective on things, alright. if I can't get the medal, i just hope a miracle happens and i get the items I need. It's actually ridiculous at this point and I'm losing my frickin' mind.

s/o to my bf for helping me farm these damn things tho.
krsk

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited May 2017
    What a friend of mine did was use the pb perks on untradeable items and then they bought tradeable gear that they were missing.
  • thatplantthatplant
    edited May 2017
    What a friend of mine did was use the pb perks on untradeable items and then they bought tradeable gear that they were missing.

I'm in reboot. can't trade my stuff :/
  • thatplantthatplant
    edited May 2017
    typo : not 247 / 361 it's 347 / 361.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Oh no D:,

This is what I liked about this with regular servers; Me and my guild just swapped everyone doubles until we all completed the museum.

I did that too.... except now I'm left with 11 untradeable items still missing. Luck is not on my side.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    thats life, win some, lose some. world keeps spinning
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Oh no D:,

This is what I liked about this with regular servers; Me and my guild just swapped everyone doubles until we all completed the museum.

I did that too.... except now I'm left with 11 untradeable items still missing. Luck is not on my side.

Oh that's too bad, did you manage to get it finished / or did you just give up on it?

Got it finished at the last moment.
    Fortunately, seven of my missing items were Saint, so tradeable in account. I bought the selective boxes from the event shop on mules, and RNGesus smiled upon them.
    AlexFthatplantInvulgo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Nice, I saw in a few places / in game that people managed to complete it. Glad you got her done~!

Yeah, the Maple Museum was a pretty doable event, with the RNG somewhat mitigated by the selective boxes and the PB perks (and, in normal servers, by trading). My problem was that I wasn't even thinking of completing it, for most of the event duration. Only after frankenbalrogs became hittable with skills, and after I managed to figure out a time-window for donating leaves (at 0 FPS, but almost without crashing), did I start making the effort to get the achievement title. So by then it was a race against the clock.
    thatplant
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited May 2017
    waaaaatt? there are people actually completing the museum?

NO LIFE !!!
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    Reactions: 990
    edited May 2017
    I focused on parts of the museum that I wanted. The dmg skin and the inventory spaces and I used alts to farm the elite boxes because before the patch, only auto attacks work and low levels did fine. But even after the patch where skills hit, I did better with box farming on the alts because elites spawned faster.
    I didn't finish but it's nice to see that people were able to. I also didn't finish the balloon event because of poor planning. Oh well. The amount of events felt a little overwhelming but free stuff is always nice.
    thatplant
  • thatplantthatplant
    edited May 2017
    update : I didn't finish. until next time I guess.. #timewasted
  • thatplantthatplant
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nice, I saw in a few places / in game that people managed to complete it. Glad you got her done~!

Yeah, the Maple Museum was a pretty doable event, with the RNG somewhat mitigated by the selective boxes and the PB perks (and, in normal servers, by trading). My problem was that I wasn't even thinking of completing it, for most of the event duration. Only after frankenbalrogs became hittable with skills, and after I managed to figure out a time-window for donating leaves (at 0 FPS, but almost without crashing), did I start making the effort to get the achievement title. So by then it was a race against the clock.

I had the same problem! I wasn't involved in the event to begin with because it was torture trying to kill the frankenbalrogs in the first place. But once I figured out that they've made the balrogs more hittable, it was game on. Unfortunately, I didn't get the items I needed on Reboot server so you guys are lucky. I swear I went through over 1,000 boxes trying to finish either the set or the museum but I gave up and just let myself take the L. All my time and energy is completely wasted and I need a good cry about it lmao. I don't regret it because it's pretty good, but it bothers me so much.
  • thatplantthatplant
    edited May 2017
    LagTooMuch wrote: »
    waaaaatt? there are people actually completing the museum?

NO LIFE !!!

It's good stuff. Worth it imo.
  • FirewolfslayerFirewolfslayer
    Reactions: 610
    edited July 2017
    Lol someone I know has thousands of maple leafs