[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Just a normal day on Luna

RikNLRikNL
Reactions: 2,605
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Come one Free Market..

-Removed-

Comments

• SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    UGH ! And the lag they create also ! Kinda on par with event hall when there's load of them. It's hell !
    JettLuvsU
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Just a normal day on [insert any server].
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Just a normal day on [insert any server].

Yup.
    Workaround is to stay out of channel 1.
    If I need to go to FM for any reason, I go into the room I want on some other channel, then change to 1 to visit the shop, then change back before I go out into the FM Entrance again. If I need to visit other rooms I can just use the "change room" button.

As for Henesys and Ardentmill, I never have a reason to visit them on channel 1.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017
    I do not understand why other players' reports cannot be a reason for a direct mute. For example after a player gets ..(insert number here) amount of reports in a day you get permanently muted. If you are innocent you can go to the unban section on the forums or the customer service to ask for an unmute.

Since the big majority of the players getting reported for advertising are REALLY advertising so the amount of in-accurate mutes will be super-low. The work-load for Nexon will also go down since they only have to go through players who are innocent. The power of the majority will win over the "abusers" of this particular system, because of the amount of votes needed for a mute. The system Nexon is using now against the advertisers is running behind permanently and only after a few days/week(s) Nexon bans/mutes the advertisers, but they just create new accounts.

So a "Votemute" system like this will kill two (actually 3) birds with one stone.
    • 1. Taking off workload from Nexon catching advertisers, so they can focus more on catching hackers.
    • 2. Giving players the power to actually do something about the advertisers, giving power to the majority.
    • 3. Muting advertisers who are spamming has a better effect then banning after a few days/weeks. Since if you mute them, most of the advertisers are AFK so they will not notice for a while untill they check the character, this will put a stop untill the characters get checked again by the advertiser.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I do not understand why other players' reports cannot be a reason for a direct mute. For example after a player gets ..(insert number here) amount of reports in a day you get permanently muted. If you are innocent you can go to the unban section on the forums or the customer service to ask for an unmute.

Since the big majority of the players getting reported for advertising are REALLY advertising so the amount of in-accurate mutes will be super-low. The work-load for Nexon will also go down since they only have to go through players who are innocent. The power of the majority will win over the "abusers" of this particular system, because of the amount of votes needed for a mute. The system Nexon is using now against the advertisers is running behind permanently and only after a few days/week(s) Nexon bans/mutes the advertisers, but they just create new accounts.

So a "Votemute" system like this will kill two (actually 3) birds with one stone.
    • 1. Taking off workload from Nexon catching advertisers, so they can focus more on catching hackers.
    • 2. Giving players the power to actually do something about the advertisers, giving power to the majority.
    • 3. Muting advertisers who are spamming has a better effect then banning after a few days/weeks. Since if you mute them, most of the advertisers are AFK so they will not notice for a while untill they check the character, this will put a stop untill the characters get checked again by the advertiser.

People don't false-report others for advertising because they gain nothing from it.
    If people knew that they could gang up on an innocent player and get them muted until they can get their appeal looked at, you can bet it will be heavily abused.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I am still with it on Kradia EMS we never saw them. So why we see them on Luna nowerdays...

But still hype for Beautydroid. Maybe nexon can add the site names to the chat filter??
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Hi, the forums are not the place to report users. Please send a ticket with this information instead.

Because of the sheer number of bots I did forward the issue, however.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    Can you pass on they are in Ardentmill and Leafre too, as well as FM and Henesys (+Market).
    RikNLYonax
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    Can you pass on they are in Ardentmill and Leafre too, as well as FM and Henesys (+Market).

Exactly those places!
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited May 2017
    Basically most of the major player hubs will have bots:

Henesys

Henesys Market

Leafre

Ardentmill

Free Market

I do agree with another option however. In a game called IMVU, if you had VIP it gave you the ability to mute a player on your end. They would disappear and their chat would not be seen at all. But it was just for yourself.

I do wish however there was a mute option because sometimes things can get pretty heated.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

People don't false-report others for advertising because they gain nothing from it.

Because they do gain something from it, power to punish unlegitimate players.
    What legitimate maplestory player would not appreciate punishing the players who are unlegitimate? And not only that, look at the other points I gave above (1,2,3). All still stand.
    If people knew that they could gang up on an innocent player and get them muted until they can get their appeal looked at, you can bet it will be heavily abused.
    A system that can be abused by "trolls" once in a blue moon is better than not having the ability to do anything directly at all.
    If it asks for a certain, acceptable number of reports the way the system can be abused is nihill.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    A system that can be abused by "trolls" once in a blue moon is better than not having the ability to do anything directly at all.
    If it asks for a certain, acceptable number of reports the way the system can be abused is nihill.

It's not once in a blue moon.
    Looking at the smega wars in my server, I can say with confidence it would be several times a day. And certain people would get harassed (i.e., muted until they can talk to Support) daily.

What do you consider a certain acceptable number of reports?
    10? 30? Any guild can muster that. Even a single person with their mules can do that.
    100? How long would it take for a spammer to accumulate that many reports?

And after you do get the spammer muted, do you know what happens?
    The programs that run these spambots can easily be changed to run them in pairs. One spams, and the other one keeps watch. If the spammer is silenced, the watcher causes it to disconnect and spawns a new one.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    edited May 2017

Looking at the smega wars in my server, I can say with confidence it would be several times a day. And certain people would get harassed (i.e., muted until they can talk to Support) daily.

10? 30? Any guild can muster that. Even a single person with their mules can do that.

The programs that run these spambots can easily be changed to run them in pairs. One spams, and the other one keeps watch. If the spammer is silenced, the watcher causes it to disconnect and spawns a new one.

Guilds reports are easy to counter, just don't count more then 3-5 characters reports from a single guild, these kind of problems are small and can be easily fixed.

The number of reports needed for a mute is not for me to decide, it should be tested on a high number of reports, and then go down little by little probably.

I don't think a spam-bot can "Check" wheter it's muted or not, it's just blatant spamming with some variation in it. If it is then there should be a workaround for the MapleStory coding team, so spammers cannot check wether they are muted or not. I personally do not know how bot spam programs are engineered.

Final thing, I think even if there are 0-3 players who get muted innocently every day, this weighs up 100x against all the advertisers ruining the game atmosphere and game economy.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017

Guilds reports are easy to counter, just don't count more then 3-5 characters reports from a single guild, these kind of problems are small and can be easily fixed.

The number of reports needed for a mute is not for me to decide, it should be tested on a high number of reports, and then go down little by little probably.

I don't think a spam-bot can "Check" wheter it's muted or not, it's just blatant spamming with some variation in it. If it is then there should be a workaround for the MapleStory coding team, so spammers cannot check wether they are muted or not. I personally do not how bot spam programs are engineered.

Final thing, I think even if there are 0-3 players who get muted innocently every day, this weighs up 100x against all the advertisers ruining the game atmosphere and game economy.

If you make guild reports not count, you're slowing down the rate at which your spammers get silenced. There aren't that many active guilds whose members regularly go to the spam hotspots (channel 1 Henesys, Ardent, FM Entrance, etc).

And a spam-bot can't check whether it's silenced, but its buddy can. You know the bot-drivers have a whole army of them, right? As of now, they only send one to FM entrance at a time. But they could just as easily send two, to keep an eye on each other. If one sees that the other hasn't said anything in 10 seconds (or whatever), they take appropriate action.
    Or the bot-driver can just program them to swap in and out every hour or two so none of them get enough reports to be muted.

And I completely disagree with you about the innocent players getting muted being an acceptable price to pay.
    Maybe you'd gladly ruin any number of maplers' day just so you don't have to avoid channel 1, but I wouldn't.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    edited May 2017
    I don't really care about the spam, it's the players getting drawn to buying mesos for real money destroying the economy of the game, and in the end the game itself if they continue.

I just disagree with you completely about the "amount of reports needed" fact. Hopefully a Nexon employee will read this and get inspired about one of the ideas I had. I'm out, good discussion.
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    vMwC0.jpg

I reported them already in game. This is in a time span from 5 minutes.

But maybe smega's lv60+? Or something like that. Dunno

This is also easy.
    vMwQ9.jpg