[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

13 Pack items expire at fixed time

DatArrowCaseDatArrowCase
Reactions: 210
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
the 13 pack boxes state they can be used 10 days after purchase, but the items themselves have a fixed expiration of May 10th, 23:59.
Attempting to use a box purchased in the last 10 days or less but after the event period will result in instant expiring items.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Bug type: Item expiration

Brief bug summary: Items purchased as a 13-pack from the anniversary coin shop, expire instantly when the pack is opened after May 10th, 2017.

More details: The Black Bean Curious Coin Shop sells certain items in packs of 13. The description in the shop says "Can be used for 10 day(s) after purchase." And indeed, the pack has an expiration time of 10 days from purchase.
    However, once the pack is double-clicked to access its contents, said contents have a fixed expiration time of 23:59 May 10th, 2017. Consequently, if the pack is opened after that date (as it can be, since the shop is scheduled to remain open until May 23rd), the items inside expire instantly.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Have at least 550 12th Anniversary Coins in inventory.
    2. Talk to NPC Black Bean (Curious Coin Shop) in Henesys, and click on the Scroll tab.
    3. Buy the "Pure Clean Slate Scroll 10% 13-pack" item.
    4. Leave the shop.
    5. Hover over the item in your inventory. Observe that it has an expiration time 10 days from the current time.
    6. Double-click on the item in your inventory.
    7. Observe that a pack of 13 Clean Slate scrolls appears in your inventory. You may or may not have time to hover over them and see their expiration time as 23:59 May 10th, or possibly just "the time limit has expired".
    8. Observe that the pack of 13 scrolls disppears within a few seconds, and a message about the item expiring appears in your chat box.

Note:
    This same issue occurred with 10-packs sold in the V coin shop.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9758/v-shop-package-bug
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/9790/dont-buy-v-shop-package-they-are-bugged
    Invulgo
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited May 2017
    and the purchased anniversary boxes but that might be my not reading it in the shop correctly.
  • simplypeetasimplypeeta
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2017
    I have the same issue with the Pure Clean Slate 10% - 13 pack . Usuable until 5-20-2017 10:30 . When you double click it has an expiration date of 5-10-2017 and poof. Expired . I have a few on different accounts. This applies to all the 10-13 pack from cubes to scrolls. Will this be addressed so all players can safely use their rewards?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2017
    I have the same issue with the Pure Clean Slate 10% - 13 pack . Usuable until 5-20-2017 10:30 . When you double click it has an expiration date of 5-10-2017 and poof. Expired . I have a few on different accounts. This applies to all the 10-13 pack from cubes to scrolls. Will this be addressed so all players can safely use their rewards?

There is a notice about this bug here