[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

MapleStory X Re:ZERO Cash Shop Update Changes

Comments

  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,300
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Varality wrote: »
    I think you missed the points of the criticisms being made for this event. It was not the medals being available in Reboot that was the issue, it was an issue because these medals (which are BiS and coveted by many players) are able to acquired through NX payments. As argued exhaustively by many players, the acquisition through NX was the issue. Since you have not stated that the medals can be attained elsewhere, I feel it unfair to remove the medals for Reboot players. Why does it HAVE to be attained through NX purchases? I was personally looking forward to and it's all I really cared for in this Re:Zero event. I don't see why Reboot players need to lose out on such a good medal.

    Ultimately, I think the compromise should have been to remove the NX cost from the boxes. In light of promised transparency, can you provide proper justification for the current decision to remove it from the boxes and not the one advocated by other Maplers (remove NX cost)?

    They had two choices.

    1. Remove the Medal(s) and keep the boxes available for NX
    2. Keep Medal(s), but remove the NX purchase option

    I'm pretty sure certain they knew we wanted the medals, but we just didn't want the boxes available for NX. However given the two choices, Nexon's choice is pretty obvious.
  • PandaFrostPandaFrost
    Reactions: 650
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited May 2017
    People voiced their opinions terribly. Everyone was screaming NoP2W but in reality Reboot players still wanted the medals just not the way it was being handled. So now we're being shafted of content and just getting a repackaged Cache box.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    @Seal exactly. This isn't about answering our concerns. This is about punishing the community for complaining and still trying to profit.
    Seal
  • MINSMSMINSMS
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited May 2017
    WHAT IS THE POINT? REALLY?

    What is the point of removing the BEST THING in the boxes when you're supposed to remove the NX option, and lower the meso price for the box??????????

    GOOD JOB NEXON FOR LOSING CUSTOMERS. GOOD JOB FOR MESSING THIS UP FOR US LOOKING FORWARD TO THE EVENT. GOOD JOB NEXON FOR TAKING THE EASIEST WAY OUT AND JUST HOPING TO SQUEEZE MONEY OUT OF THE COMMUNITY.

    Now, there is NO POINT OF EVEN BUYING THE BOXES.

    Good job, community manager. Good job. /ragequit
    Dragooooooooon
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 1,460
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    PandaFrost wrote: »
    People voiced their opinions terribly. Everyone was screaming NoP2W but in reality Reboot players still wanted the medals just not the way it was being handled. So now we're being shafted of content and just getting a repackaged Cache box.

    They knew exactly what we wanted. They just gave us what their version of compromise and can say they listened. It is too late now.
    Sealn0ReasonWillowRosenberg
  • peremecperemec
    Reactions: 360
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Look I love the fact that you guys actually took the time and listened, but please listen correctly, I think I can speak for everyone when I say no one asked for this kind of change, everyone on the server still wants the re:zero medals, as they are literally the best thing about this entire event. We just don't want them to be obtainable through NX. Making the boxes cheaper was a great change but now we can't get the only thing worth buying the boxes for, what is the point? We want to be able to get the medals, just not through NX. The change I'm sure everyone wanted would be something like completely removing the NX option from reboot completely, and doing the price change to the meso option, with no item removals from the boxes.

    Please reconsider the changes, You say in your post "For the fans of Re:ZERO, we didn’t want to exclude any server from the exclusive items that could be acquired from this collaboration event." but as others have stated, this is doing exactly that. Everyone knows the best thing about this entire event are the medals, and it's honestly pointless when that best thing from the event is completely removed from your server altogether.
    link37890n0ReasonforumsareannoyingMINSMS
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited May 2017
    peremec wrote: »
    Look I love the fact that you guys actually took the time and listened, but please listen correctly, I think I can speak for everyone when I say no one asked for this kind of change, everyone on the server still wants the re:zero medals, as they are literally the best thing about this entire event. We just don't want them to be obtainable through NX. Making the boxes cheaper was a great change but now we can't get the only thing worth buying the boxes for, what is the point? We want to be able to get the medals, just not through NX. The change I'm sure everyone wanted would be something like completely removing the NX option from reboot completely, and doing the price change to the meso option, with no item removals from the boxes.

    Please reconsider the changes, You say in your post "For the fans of Re:ZERO, we didn’t want to exclude any server from the exclusive items that could be acquired from this collaboration event." but as others have stated, this is doing exactly that. Everyone knows the best thing about this entire event are the medals, and it's honestly pointless when that best thing from the event is completely removed from your server altogether.

    No not true. A certain amount of posts literally said "We dont want the medals at all if it means to ensure Reboot does not become Pay to win". I am in favor of removing the medals for this aspect. Nexon wants to continue making money because they are a business. There is no reason for ME personally to ever get a Re:Zero box now in Reboot, but at the same time, I'm happy that the Medal is not obtainable through NX whatsoever.

    This event literally just became a leveling event for me since I'm on Reboot. Which I'm fine with. My only wish is that Beast Tamer would be available for this event and not after.
    SealRetr0_
  • PizzamanPizzaman
    Reactions: 780
    Posts: 11
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    We did it! Well sort of,
    I think its unfair for these items to be unavailable on reboot, maybe theres another way to introduce them.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,115
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Sorry but this still doesn't fix a lot of things..
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Our community has expressed a great deal of feedback regarding our recent decision to include all the items from our Re:ZERO collaboration to Reboot and Non-Reboot worlds. More specifically, the community has voiced their concern with the introduction of the Re:ZERO medals as part of the available list of items on Reboot.

    I'd also like to address the issue of suspicions that Nexon was basically testing the waters with these boxes. The idea that if the community let this slip, Nexon would continue adding P2W aspects to Reboot knowing that they could get away with it.

    To say it as it is, I'll ask the question: Was this an intention with these boxes?

    If you would be so kind to respond, the community would certainly highly appreciate it.

    I'd like to know this as well. It seems undeniable that they should have known this was going to happen. Considering that they are going to include Re:Zero boxes to still cost NX, they were going to make this event a "Free Money for us" event for all servers + Reboot regardless.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Posts: 209
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Serves you right to the people complaining about it being sold for nx in reboot

    Don't even know why it concerns you, if you don't like it then don't bother, its just there as a bonus option in case people don't want to use mesos or just don't have enough mesos

    Yea yea yea, reboot is suppose to be not pay2win but its a one time event only for gods sake it will go back to being not pay2win..

  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 695
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited May 2017
    They actually had multiple ways to deal with the situation; reducing the random box price; yeah that was a decent change, removing the medal from what seems to be reboot entirely? No; this should not have been the solution. Moving the medal to be available elsewhere or just removing it from the NX random box would've been fine. The issue was that while the meso option was there; it was a large amount for a *chance* of getting what players wanted out of it, and players saw the NX as a much cheaper way to obtain the medal. Locking players out by a literal paywall on both in game and real currencies. Players with large funds could just throw money at RNG gods until they got it, but even those who chose to sticking with meso would still be at a loss if they didn't have the appropriate set-up to actually farm.
    The medal wasn't the issue; it should still be available for reboot; just not in the NX random boxes.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Posts: 141
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Thank you very much Nexon. :D

    Regardless of what conspiracy theorys everyone comes up with, they didn't add the P2W to Reboot at that's what matters. Thank you for listening to us. :)
    AKradianStargethdarksin1204Newtscholar624Retr0_Kat27
  • n0Reasonn0Reason
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I mean, when a lot of people said to remove it, it was typically presented along the other (and clearly better) options of removing the nx cost and/or changing the meso cost to fit more in line with other items in the reboot CS that are typically sold for NX. You managed to choose the option that feels the most like a kick to the face. I get it though, you assessed your options and took the route that looked the most profitable, you are a business after all. I'm sure you'll make more money on these chairs than from a satisfied community. I hope your biggest whales are big Re:Zero fans, because you sure made it easy for me to decide how to spend my money.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Posts: 209
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    link37890 wrote: »
    They actually had multiple ways to deal with the situation; reducing the random box price; yeah that was a decent change, removing the medal from what seems to be reboot entirely? No; this should not have been the solution. Moving the medal to be available elsewhere or just removing it from the NX random box would've been fine. The issue was that while the meso option was there; it was a large amount for a *chance* of getting what players wanted out of it, and players saw the NX as a much cheaper way to obtain the medal. Locking players out by a literal paywall on both in game and real currencies. Players with large funds could just throw money at RNG gods until they got it, but even those who chose to sticking with meso would still be at a loss if they didn't have the appropriate set-up to actually farm.
    The medal wasn't the issue; it should still be available for reboot; just not in the NX random boxes.

    I don't understand why it concerns you guys... If people want to use nx instead let them, its their money they do whatever they want with it, it hurts that bad to see they got it easier and you jealous??

    Instead of complaining about it being sold in nx, complain about the meso pricing for the box.. Which changed but also lost the good items becuz you guys complain about the good items also obtainable thru money lol..
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited May 2017
    To be honest Nexon, I wouldn't mind spending real money if the best item was still in the box. Now I have no reason to even buy the box in reboot. You ruined it for yourself. Keep the nx and meso at 100mill but put the medal back in and you guys fixed your problem. How is that hard?
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,115
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Quilava wrote: »
    Gee, thanks Nexon for saving me from dropping anymore money into this game. The original Re:Zero event in JMS did have rng based surprise boxes, but the thing is those boxes only contained the sponsored items and not the piles upon piles of worthless garbage. The cosmetics could also be directly purchased with nx like the original SAO event. It is disgusting how you people are artificially inflating the cost of getting anything in the crossover just to satisfy your own greed. With how the event is now, it would probably cost hundreds of dollars just to get everything in the Re:Zero crossover. The few Re:Zero outfits people do get from the event would fetch for billions of mesos, making it nearly impossible for anyone to even complete any sets unless they throw hundreds of dollars into the rng based boxes.

    @Arwoo, this guys right.

    We all knew it would come in some short of RNG but not this way, you guys just basically combined the Philosopher books w/o Frenzy

    and from everything you've listed, there are only about 8 Re:zero exclusive items (3 of them being titles that give horrid stats) vs 50 non-event items

    excluding battle-roid and permanent pendant slot, everything else is basically junk and all you did was reduce it down to 3.2k nx

    when the ACTUAL Philosopher books contain FRENZY and OUTLAW HEARTS, it would cost 2.6k nx with basically everything except the Re:zero things.

    now how does this make sense that something thats always been here only costs 2.6k nx and you guys add in 8 content event things boosts up the cost to 3.2k?

    REGARDLESS - JMS had this very same event as rng BUT only provided the same content item, and your Twitch Stream was very misleading to make us think the hair and eye Cosmetics were going to be in COUPON form.
    n0Reasonforumsareannoying
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 695
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited May 2017
    link37890 wrote: »
    They actually had multiple ways to deal with the situation; reducing the random box price; yeah that was a decent change, removing the medal from what seems to be reboot entirely? No; this should not have been the solution. Moving the medal to be available elsewhere or just removing it from the NX random box would've been fine. The issue was that while the meso option was there; it was a large amount for a *chance* of getting what players wanted out of it, and players saw the NX as a much cheaper way to obtain the medal. Locking players out by a literal paywall on both in game and real currencies. Players with large funds could just throw money at RNG gods until they got it, but even those who chose to sticking with meso would still be at a loss if they didn't have the appropriate set-up to actually farm.
    The medal wasn't the issue; it should still be available for reboot; just not in the NX random boxes.

    I don't understand why it concerns you guys... If people want to use nx instead let them, its their money they do whatever they want with it, it hurts that bad to see they got it easier and you jealous??

    Instead of complaining about it being sold in nx, complain about the meso pricing for the box.. Which changed but also lost the good items becuz you guys complain about the good items also obtainable thru money lol..

    Many people had made comments to change the meso pricing; Most people prayed that it was a typo.
    The reason why there was more outcry over the NX buyable medal was because the ridiculous pricing of the box in meso gave more incentive to
    buy the NX box because it wouldn't take nearly as much work. However, this is exactly Pay 2 Win; the players who are on reboot that are fine
    with the price of the box would've grinded up for hours for a chance to get the medal; while someone with money could just sit theree and through
    money at the boxes until they got the medal. Again; this is Pay 2 Win; what Reboot is not meant to be. The whole point of Reboot is free to play; the other
    servers are considered pay 2 win and that's why many stick to Reboot. The fact that the ability to buy the medal and bypass the work required throws out the
    idea of Reboot immediately; it doesn't matter if it's someone's money; they can spend it on the other servers if they want.
    The medal should've not been available for cash money; Meso boxes only is fine; as you still have to work for that; NX disadvantages players who don't
    have a bunch of money, and again; makes it a P2W item. The solution should've been to remove the NX boxes from Reboot; or move the medal from the boxes
    to another location such as cassandra, a coin shop, or some other in game way to get it; even selling it directly for the 500mil price for one box would be acceptable.
    But removing the medals entirely makes the whole point of the boxes for many players null.
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Hi Nexon, do you even know what you're doing? Most of people wanted you to remove the NX option, AND NOT THE MEDAL ITSELF!
    Learn to read, kthx bye.
    ZambookiiMINSMSDragooooooooon
  • RainingRaining
    Reactions: 375
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Hello Admins and Maplers! It's essay time.

    I realize that Nexon is a company as a whole and aims for long-term profits. Reboot is a special server where you must remove a substantial number of sources of profit (i.e. Cubes) to eliminate the infamous "pay2win" aspect, in favor of "grind2win". In this case, profit comes from convenience and cosmetics. However, this is my argument:

    Cubes purchasable through NX were the main source of many players' discontent as one could spend hundreds to drastically increase their range (in magnitudes exceeding 5000%). However, medals that increase a player's range by around 1% should not be so alarming. The number of players excited for this crossover event is much more than you think. Moreover, I can confidently say that most of your player base was/is looking forward to the medals. Is preventing 1% more range worth eliminating the highlight of the crossover event? In any case, this argument supports keeping medals in the NX boxes and technically violates the philosophy of "absolutely no pay2win."

    Let's assume that the following is a list of your goals:

    - Allow Reboot players to have access to all crossover content.
    - Prevent pay2win on Reboot (i.e. no players can obtain medals via NX).
    - Support grind2win on Reboot (the essence of Reboot).

    For the best of all worlds (for you as a company, your Reboot philosophy, and your player base), I believe there are better solutions to the "problems" that you've answered. Please consider them.

    If you truly care about your Reboot player base and are willing to sacrifice:
    1. Keep the medals in the boxes, but entirely remove the boxes purchasable through NX on Reboot. (100 million mesos/box alone is perfect.)

    Or, if you MUST have a source of profit from this event:
    2. Only remove the medals from the NX version of the box. (And keep 100 million mesos/box.)

    Or, if you MUST have a source of profit from this event, but you're afraid that option #2 will decentivize players from purchasing the NX version of the box:
    3. Remove the medals from both boxes and just give all Reboot players the medals for free. (Honestly don't see why not, since this is your current decision + Reboot players gain access to the highlight of the crossover event.)

    What do you think?


    P. S.

    Reboot still contains the "pay4convenience" aspect (i.e. pet skills, Conjurer's Cache for inventory bag items). The Permanent Pendant Slot is very much a convenience item. Hence, I believe that the inclusion of the Permanent Pendant Slot Expansion is not a problem. However, this isn't too big of a deal - just thought I'd mention it.
    n0Reasonlink37890LilyflowerMINSMSBxxrtReoshikaiDannyRose