[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please release Zero in Reboot

RollsRolls
Reactions: 3,220
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Nexon has previously stated that there are no plans to release Zero in Reboot, but I would request that this be reconsidered. The conditions of the server have changed, and the class can be easily adjusted to make it compatible with and balanced in this server.

Some of the reasons people would want Zero in Reboot are:
  • They would like to play in a non pay to win environment. While one can get by in non Reboot without having to pay, progression goes very slowly without it.
  • Zero's character card and link skills have very useful effects. The link skill gives 2/4/6/8/10% ignore defense and 3/6/9/12/15% damage reduction and the character card gives 4/6/8/10% EXP. The character card would help immensely with the grind in Reboot, whether it be link skills or training past 200, while the link skill would be very useful for optimizing stats for bosses.
  • Zero isn't particularly strong compared to other classes. While they are more a guideline than an accurate determination of a class's strength, DPM charts have placed them in the lower half of all classes.
  • Many players would find the combo based gameplay enjoyable.
  • Players that have friends in Reboot, but want to main Zero would not have to leave or be away from them to enjoy the class.
  • NX customization with having essentially 2 characters in 1.

I'll also address some reasons people might not want Zero in Reboot:
  • Starting at level 100 - This isn't an issue, as getting to 100 is easy. If anything, there could be a system placed that requires a level 100 character on the server to make a Zero.
  • KMS Reboot does not have Zero, so we should not expect it - They don't have Zero, but KMS is not in any way completely aligned with GMS in terms of content. For example, they don't have Gollux or Ghost Ship badge, while we're missing their flames in favour of nebulites. etc. Whether or not they have it should not have any effect on it become available here.
  • Zero is an incentive to play on normal servers - A good amount of the population moved to Reboot when it released. It doesn't make as much money as paying to win, of course, but this should not be a reason to keep Zero out of this server. The complications that would arise from a release in Reboot can be adjusted to better suit the server's environment.
  • Zero gets free level 160 weapons - This is true, but essentially what they get is a sweetwater without the set. Without set effects, the extra base stats and potential tier are all left, so this shouldn't be an issue of them being "overpowered" in Reboot. Many people already have endgame or late game setups with CRA sets and Absolab. Boss runs are also very common now, and with guilds, it can be considerably easy to obtain this equipment. In no way will Zeros be so far ahead as assumed with these weapons.
  • Zero's weapon cubing system - This only goes up to unique by itself and cubes cost mesos in Reboot, so this is not an issue. If Nexon wants, they could remove this.

@Arwoo
I understand that there were no plans to release Zero in Reboot, but please consider doing so.
ShusiDemiheart
  1. Should Zero to be released in Reboot?42 votes
    1. Yes
       81% (34 votes)
    2. No
       19% (8 votes)

Comments

• mjgj96mjgj96
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited May 2017
    er...this post is worded to be a weak support of reboot zero class and creates a bunch of openings for people to attack it with. being a supporter of zero in reboot, I think you should consider revising this post to be more in line with the post you linked
  • RollsRolls
    edited May 2017
    I wrote this horribly and didn't know what I was doing. I'm getting to revising it.
  • SealSeal
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    I wrote this horribly and didn't know what I was doing. I'm getting to revising it.
    I think it's fine, especially since the link you have goes into more detail. Maybe get permission or credit the author and just quote and post the whole thing here. Anyways, I'm in support of Zero being added into Reboot. Has important character cards and link skills that are very beneficial for Rebooters trying to reach end game content.
    link37890
  • RollsRolls
    edited May 2017
    Well, I want to add more clarification anyway. Might've been a bit of an overstatement but I'd rather have all the information here than just a link to it.

Edit: And it's done. I'll put the link I based this on here.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6agt2x/zero_in_reboot/
  • ShusiShusi
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    Agree 100% with what you said.
    I dont see a reason to exclude zeroes out of reboot anymore , i mean its been a year and a half since reboot release and its already been too long.
    I hope this post gets attention and we will see them soon.
    link37890
  • DragaurDragaur
    Reactions: 905
    edited May 2017
    As far as I can tell, you aren't the same person that posted this on Reboot. I will again post the comment that I left on the Reddit Post you linked.

It's good to see that people are fighting to get Zero in Reboot.(low key want Zero as well)

However, there are something things that should be clarified and improved upon.
    • First, a system is already in place, which require there to be a level 100 character on the server in which you want to make a Zero. Not sure why people still bring that up as reason against Zeros.
    • Our old community manager (/u/KThxBaiNao) had Looked into the issue . However, I am unaware if he gave any update following that comment.

That's all I have to say for now. I have more, but they're likely all a repeat of what you've already said. I will return to this as I develop my argument.

Edit #1: After sleeping on the idea, some more things came to mind. Of which, were some questions that maybe our current community manager, /u/Arwooo
    • What reason prevented Zero from being on Reboot in the first place? (Same as what KTBN brought up) Again as far as I'm aware there isn't a real reason that prevented Zero's release on Reboot. Was it just a bunch of coding or something deep rooted in the way the class worked? Obviously, at the time of Reboot's release the Zero creation event wasn't going on so that part makes sense. Even Beast Tamers were able to be made when the proper time came! Why can't Zeros be the same? That's the most important part to this issue right now, that if clarified can settle a lot of concerns in the community.
    • The issue with it being . . .
      >an incentive for players to spend money on main servers
      . . .is just flat out illogical(That's how I see it at least). In what way is Zero earning more money for Nexon than the other classes? The basic process of cubing and such applies to all classes, and with the existence of Reboot that argument makes less sense. If they wanted to make money off how Zero needs cubes, than why have Reboot? Since there are only so many Zero players out there. I highly doubt they throw so much money to where as Nexon can ignore income from other players(Hope that part made sense)
    • Moreover, elaborating upon your part about how most classes are F2P on Reboot: The addition of Zero does NOT defeat the purpose of the Reboot server. In what way is Zero supposedly P2W, from my understanding the class is no different from the others. I think that by stressing that point more people could come to accept having Zero on Reboot. (Feel free to say otherwise, I need to see more perspectives)

Edit #2: After watching the video that was linked by OP there are some things that should be clarified and addressed.
    • Yes, it is true! By having Zero solely on normal servers, it acts as an incentive to play on normal servers. It keeps normal servers from going obsolete. However, if that is the only reason why Zero should stay on normal servers, it's not going to cut it. There are many other reason to why a person should play on the normal servers instead of Reboot. Here are some of them: **Trading** , EXP Coupons, Scrolling, and the all new *Meso Market* (Oh!Ah!)
    • I mean personally speaking, despite Zero not being a Reboot . . . I still play on Reboot, I found myself a different class and played it. Zero is not the end all and be all if I don't have it on Reboot, but it is something that would be absolutely incredible to have. I could even say that they're making more money off of Reboot servers, since there are so many buying boxes, pets, and other things.(Despite it being a F2P themed server)
    • Addressing the thing about having an end game weapon at the end of the story. Think of it this way, when you play a different character to level 100 you're completing the first part of your Zero's journey. Imagine it as the character made before and the Zero you made are one in the same. I mean if you think of it like then it just seems like you're normally progressing like any other character.(Without the need to find carries and stuff)
    • His point about how it seems unfair to have a character that can level faster than others when compared to early Reboot days. He explains it. . . Yea, I'll just put it there -> His Explanation He gives the prefect counter argument to the issue he presented.
    • Lastly, Link Skill and Character Card. It gives more EXP, true it could be unfair, but IIRCC Union has a whole square dedicated to giving more EXP.
    • Having the level requirement be at a higher level. I guess? I mean if you feel that it isn't enough work. I believe it's wasting more of a person's time if it is going to be higher than a level 100 required.

I swear, I think at this point I'm just starting to rant . . .

More edits will come as I keep my eye on this thread. I would again like to stress the fact that some ideas may be repeated and please let me know if that's the case.

Closing this off, this is a copy and paste of what I had commented on the original Reddit post which can me found here .

I'd rather not make to my own post, since there are many posts on this and I don't want to constantly be reposting things. However, I will make my own post eventually that hopefully covers the arguments presented by the opposing side.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2017
    Once again,normal servers should have an advantage over f2p servers, after all nexon is a company and they need to earn money so its logic that some stuff is normal server exclusive in this case zero is the excluse thing we are talking about, idk y ppl dont understand this,.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    I used to be against Zero because it basically gets easy leveling till 180 (with its pseudo dungeon system) and it had impressive damage. Now that Zero is nerfed to the ground...I really have changed to be in support of Reboot Zero. The only thing that comes to my mind is the Crafting boost Zeroes get. (Free 5x leveling of traits and stuff) But honestly...its not that hard to level traits if you know what to do.