[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon launcher stuck on updating files again -_-

chaoscauserchaoscauser
Reactions: 4,740
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
So I was playing yesterday afternoon via Nexon Launcher (The only way I can play as Steam doesn't work for me) not very stable compared to game launcher I was having various issues but at least I could get on and play. Then the servers go down for maintenance I end up not being able to play for the rest of the evening because of work and the extended maintenance..

So I wake up the servers down for the unscheduled maintenance.. I see the servers come up so I download the small patch fine and then... it just sits on updating files forever I left it up for like half an hour. I tried closing the launcher and trying it again for like an hour, then I tried resetting my pc and trying it again but no joy the same thing happens. I guess I have to redownload the game again? Really ridiculous as I only just did it when you removed gamelauncher. I never had any issues like this at least not that I can remember and if I did they where never near as frequent of an issue.

#bringbackgamelauncher #makemaplegreatagain

Pros - Server swapping on character select
Faster start up and loading
Less errors
Less crashing<(With Nexon launcher sometimes when swapping characters you even get unable to connect to the game server.+ it would just crash so many times on start up ))

Cons
Slower patching< BUT at least it doesn't force you to redownload the game and has more features
Supposedly "Easier to hack " using gamelauncher but you shouldn't make your game less playable by removing a gamelauncher and besides if hackers want to hack they will hack. If you are going to try and do something against them do something that won't harm legit players.

Comments

• PeteshkaPeteshka
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    Was having the same issue but somehow restarting the Nexon Launcher helped and finally after an hour I got through updating files.

However a friend of mine is having same problem as I and restarting Nexon Launcher does not work for him...
  • fluffynarwhal377fluffynarwhal377
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    Same issue. I've been restarting my launcher and trying again for the past hour and it's got me nowhere. Guess it's time to give up maplestory for a while again. Seems like I quit this game every few months because nexon is incapable of making a playable game.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    We really need GameLauncher to come back.

I don't know whether its removal was meant to block botters, but it very clearly did nothing of the kind. They're still botting away everywhere all the time.

And the official reason given for the removal, that it would allow Nexon to "focus on improving one launcher" - well, they haven't touched the Nexon Launcher at all since the removal of GameLauncher, almost two months ago. The missing features Neospector promised to forward are still missing, even the trivial one of adding a "back" button that would do exactly what pressing ESC does. The random attempts to redownload the entire game are still happening. The "updating files" with no progress indication still looks stuck even if it isn't (but sometimes it really is). The spurious "already in-game" indication is still there too, as is the "game is still in maintenance" even after servers are up. And it still won't log in on Windows XP, keeping players out of the game even though the MapleStory client could run just fine on it.
    It's almost like the purpose of the Launcher is to push as many players as possible away from the game, instead of facilitating play.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    We really need GameLauncher to come back.

I don't know whether its removal was meant to block botters, but it very clearly did nothing of the kind. They're still botting away everywhere all the time.

And the official reason given for the removal, that it would allow Nexon to "focus on improving one launcher" - well, they haven't touched the Nexon Launcher at all since the removal of GameLauncher, almost two months ago. The missing features Neospector promised to forward are still missing, even the trivial one of adding a "back" button that would do exactly what pressing ESC does. The random attempts to redownload the entire game are still happening. The "updating files" with no progress indication still looks stuck even if it isn't (but sometimes it really is). The spurious "already in-game" indication is still there too, as is the "game is still in maintenance" even after servers are up. And it still won't log in on Windows XP, keeping players out of the game even though the MapleStory client could run just fine on it.
    It's almost like the purpose of the Launcher is to push as many players as possible away from the game, instead of facilitating play.

They also said running the gamelauncher "uses up to much resources" I find that pretty funny a company for a company like Nexon. KMS still has a gamelauncher alongside Nexon Launcher and it works so much better than GMS ways of launching the game for many years. My PC is Windows XP by the way, just wish I could afford a new one..... but still they could easily make the game more playable on lower end pcs like it was back in the day...
  • fluffynarwhal377fluffynarwhal377
    Reactions: 610
    edited May 2017
    Still nothing smh
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Just wish they released manual patches like they used to... would fix this easily. Well I tried fixing it by deleting some files and I just made it worse so looks like I am redownloading again . How I love redownloading MapleStory every major patch!
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Just wish they released manual patches like they used to... would fix this easily. Well I tried fixing it by deleting some files and I just made it worse so looks like I am redownloading again . How I love redownloading MapleStory every major patch!

You have luck that you don't have really bad wifi.
    Took me 5 hours to redownload the game after the updating files was stuck.