[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blank Error Message

Comments

• MemoryOfAriaMemoryOfAria
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Was having the same problem and looking both here and reddit for solutions, I still found nothing but other people say move the files into a new folder other than library and set launcher to look in that folder
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    There seem to be a few of these posts going around so I'll quote my post from another thread. If a mod wants to move and merge all the topics about this issue into one, that would probably also help. This is what has worked for me. No guarantees it will work for everyone and it is not a permanent fix. In fact I needed to do this again after maintenance today.
    Argent wrote: »
    If you mean you get the following
    iGu2Y9T.png
    I've had happen fairly often with the Nexon launcher. You can use the Steam launcher instead ( I haven't had any major issues with it ). Or you can take the following steps and it will usually fix things, for a while.
    1. Go to your games install folder. If you chose the default settings when installing that's going to be C:\Nexon\Library or press the little gear icon in the Launcher to bring up the game settings and click the "Open game location link"
    2. Go the games folder
    3. Rename the maplestory folder something else like maplestory1
    4. Press Play on the launcher
    5. The launcher should no longer see the game and begin to redownload the game. Press cancel, not pause.
    6. Open the game settings in the launcher and click uninstall
    7. If you kept the file explorer window open go back to it and change the name of the game install folder to something else like Games1
    8. Now open the Nexon launcher settings by clicking the arrow next to your profile picture.
    9. Scroll down to "Game installation location
    10. Click on "Change Folder"
    11. Select your newly renamed games folder. You will probably see an empty folder with the old name, this was created by the launcher, and you can delete it later.
    12. Go back to the maplestory folder and rename it back to just maplestory
    13. Press download on the Nexon launcher, it should verify that everything is in its proper place and switch to a "Play" button again
    14. Press play and if everything worked all the pathways will have been reassociated in the launcher and allow your to play again.
    MemoryOfAriaPirateIzzyyashuaAmity
  • LuzLuz
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited July 2017
    It's not working for me :(
  • RoozOpinionRoozOpinion
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2017
    OMG Thanks so much for the steam idea. I guess until they fix the launcher ill be using that instead.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    I just got that blank box, was working fine yesterday. If it isn't one thing, it's another with this game. Seems like they skip the basics and jump straight into content coding.
  • GoldenswordGoldensword
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    same problem.
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2017
    Luz wrote: »
    It's not working for me :(

I'm sorry my advice didn't work for you. I don't know if I missed a step or it some other factor is preventing it from working for you.
    I suggest moving to the Steam launcher since Nexon's isn't working for you.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    Haven't been able to log in for 2 days and the legion event is going to end very soon; why does this error happens? I don't want to spend twice the coins to rank up :'(
    edited July 2017
    Lizardnix wrote: »
    Haven't been able to log in for 2 days and the legion event is going to end very soon; why does this error happens? I don't want to spend twice the coins to rank up :'(

try steam
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited July 2017

try steam

How? When I try to add maplestory to steam library it redirects me to a page that says it can only be launched with nexon launcher.
    edited July 2017

try steam

How? When I try to add maplestory to steam library it redirects me to a page that says it can only be launched with nexon launcher.

have to download, cant import it. ive been trying any way possible but nothing, finally downloading it now. just search it in steam store and press play now, youll be prompted to download.

if it doesnt work, ill be moving on to other things.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited July 2017
    My Steam email is different from my nexon account, so I guess I'm just royally screwed.
    edited July 2017
    My Steam email is different from my nexon account, so I guess I'm just royally screwed.

same I left maple downloading overnight and when i pressed play now, the log in says my maplestory account is already activated through steam, meaning i have another steam account i dont remember the info for. and theres no steam support live, no ticket request or anything. You may be able to contact nexon maplestory support and ask which steam account is linked to nexon account. of course if they say thats possible youll have to provide info it's your account. but idk about that ive read a lot where they cant really help you out. what has been working for me with nexon launcher is every time you get the blank box, just delete maplestory files from where launcher locates it from, copy the files into a different folder to reuse it, then put it back into the location launcher locates it from. takes like 30 minutes but it beats having to download the game over and over.
    edited July 2017
    ill send a ticket to support with this issue, i think stuff like this should take precedence over suggestions and censorships, because this is about getting into the game via their launcher. ive concluded this is a nexon launcher issue that happened after the recent maintenance
    Lizardnix
    edited July 2017
    update: I sent a ticket and live chatted with a GM, and they passed on the info about this issue, i included a screen shot
    hopefully it gets taken care of because technical issues are more important than content type stuff that is being forwarded right now.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited July 2017
    Well, last day of the event and I'm still getting the white box even after unistalling and downloading the game twice. Lost my chance to upgrade my legion at half the cost for 6 days. that's easily 500+ coins, and since I could've been upgrading even more during the event could be 600+. Now I remember why I stopped playing for more than 6 months.

Oddly enough I sent a ticket with a screenshot of the error and it doesn't show on my activities now that I went back to check it...
    edited July 2017
    Your best bet right now is to use steam, just know though that the issue is already being looked into. Ive spoken with 3 GMs already in support. Their consensus is to use steam while they investigate.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    Whose bright idea was it to force us to use Nexon Launcher again? Thanks, Nexon.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    edited July 2017
    Your best bet right now is to use steam, just know though that the issue is already being looked into. Ive spoken with 3 GMs already in support. Their consensus is to use steam while they investigate.

I'd love too, but my steam account is linked to a different email than my nexon account, all because of a mistake when migrating my account; and so far no matter how much I searched there's no way I can link another nexon account to steam, so I'm totally hopeless until they solve this.
    edited July 2017

I'd love too, but my steam account is linked to a different email than my nexon account, all because of a mistake when migrating my account; and so far no matter how much I searched there's no way I can link another nexon account to steam, so I'm totally hopeless until they solve this.

I actually got mine unlinked today, but you first have to prove ownership which shouldnt be difficult since it's your Nexon account, after it is unlinked you can link it to a current email or current steam account.