[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blank Error Message

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Whose bright idea was it to force us to use Nexon Launcher again? Thanks, Nexon.

I would wager they transitioned into the Launcher so the playerbase wont have to create different log in information for the Nexon platforms/games, it's all connected. It also makes it easier to keep track of accounts on their end
  • MagnaBowMagnaBow
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    How do you unlink your old email on the steam version for a new one?
    edited July 2017
    MagnaBow wrote: »
    How do you unlink your old email on the steam version for a new one?

maplestory support, submit a ticket then talk to a live GM, youll have to prove ownership of the nexon account you want to unlink. Theyll tell you what info they need.

https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us
  • kennyabsillikennyabsilli
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I found this googling around. I won't post link because I think the site where it originally was posted supports hacking activity, but here was the solution:

This error occurs shortly after launching the client and can be caused by a compatibility registry key for a library maplestory loads. It is fixed by removing the registry key.

The registry key is located at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers", and contains a value with the name consisting of the path to your maplestory.exe, and the Data being something similar to "$~ IgnoreFreeLibrary<nmconew.dll>". The dll can vary. Deleting the value fixes the issue.
    MapleLeaf9xAmAnYaRYinYangXmafloo3PirateIzzy
  • yashuayashua
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2017
    Argent wrote: »
    There seem to be a few of these posts going around so I'll quote my post from another thread. If a mod wants to move and merge all the topics about this issue into one, that would probably also help. This is what has worked for me. No guarantees it will work for everyone and it is not a permanent fix. In fact I needed to do this again after maintenance today.
    Argent wrote: »
    If you mean you get the following
    iGu2Y9T.png
    I've had happen fairly often with the Nexon launcher. You can use the Steam launcher instead ( I haven't had any major issues with it ). Or you can take the following steps and it will usually fix things, for a while.
    1. Go to your games install folder. If you chose the default settings when installing that's going to be C:\Nexon\Library or press the little gear icon in the Launcher to bring up the game settings and click the "Open game location link"
    2. Go the games folder
    3. Rename the maplestory folder something else like maplestory1
    4. Press Play on the launcher
    5. The launcher should no longer see the game and begin to redownload the game. Press cancel, not pause.
    6. Open the game settings in the launcher and click uninstall
    7. If you kept the file explorer window open go back to it and change the name of the game install folder to something else like Games1
    8. Now open the Nexon launcher settings by clicking the arrow next to your profile picture.
    9. Scroll down to "Game installation location
    10. Click on "Change Folder"
    11. Select your newly renamed games folder. You will probably see an empty folder with the old name, this was created by the launcher, and you can delete it later.
    12. Go back to the maplestory folder and rename it back to just maplestory
    13. Press download on the Nexon launcher, it should verify that everything is in its proper place and switch to a "Play" button again
    14. Press play and if everything worked all the pathways will have been reassociated in the launcher and allow your to play again.

I thank you for this. <3 much love
  • MapleLeaf9xMapleLeaf9x
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I found this googling around. I won't post link because I think the site where it originally was posted supports hacking activity, but here was the solution:

This error occurs shortly after launching the client and can be caused by a compatibility registry key for a library maplestory loads. It is fixed by removing the registry key.

The registry key is located at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers", and contains a value with the name consisting of the path to your maplestory.exe, and the Data being something similar to "$~ IgnoreFreeLibrary<nmconew.dll>". The dll can vary. Deleting the value fixes the issue.

It worked with me. Thank you for sharing this
  • ThroktarThroktar
    Reactions: 420
    edited July 2017
    Excellent!!! The solution worked! Thank you very much!
  • SoapyyySoapyyy
    edited July 2017

where do you find the file for windows 10?
  • MapleLeaf9xMapleLeaf9x
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017

Here is the video guide. Thank you again kennyabsilli
    https://youtu.be/bWdJvyH7Crs
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    July 13, July 14, July 15, July 16, July 17, July 18, July 19, July 20, July 21, July 22, July 23, July 24, July 25, July 26, and now we are on July 27 and still no dice. Checking daily to see if something has changed but no luck. Still unable to log in through launcher. GG.
    edited July 2017
    try this

edited July 2017
    and heres a video

Lizardnix
  • RareIyRareIy
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Lizardnix wrote: »
    July 13, July 14, July 15, July 16, July 17, July 18, July 19, July 20, July 21, July 22, July 23, July 24, July 25, July 26, and now we are on July 27 and still no dice. Checking daily to see if something has changed but no luck. Still unable to log in through launcher. GG.

I've been having the same issue for as long as you it seems. It started happening after the launcher updated for me. Also I've submitted a ticket and chatted with a GM via the live-chat, only to receive copy-and-pasted replies. I've submitted them the required logs and what not, and am awaiting their reply.

However!

I wanted to ask you to look at your nexon_runtime_debug.log, just to compare if mine looks similar to yours. Because I noticed that the errors on there, are from when I tried to launch maplestory.

mine looks like this

c1124f05c8388343bd29ad7f61b1abe0.png

Again, it's just a thought. I also submitted a similar image and my debug log to them, to see if it helps.
  • NovaganuNovaganu
    edited July 2017
    I've been having this problem too, and can't figure out how to fix it.
  • chrisanthemumchrisanthemum
    Reactions: 710
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Hi, I have been trouble getting into the game for the past couple of days. Whenever I start up the game via steam and nexon launcher, the game loads normally up until the black screen which starts the log-in animation. A couple of seconds after the black screen pops up, it gets taken off and a box appears giving the message in the screenshot that is in the following url:
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!Am7z_WfUj-ckjjLlzlaHdEdbpA2U
    Neither the steam launcher nor the nexon launcher are working for me, and I have uninstalled and re-installed the game multiple times, which rules out file corruption or missing files. I would appreciate any and all ideas and/or suggestions on how this can be fixed.
  • xkhongxxkhongx
    edited July 2017
    Hi,

I haven't been able to launch the game for the past two days.
    It was working fine until yesterday.
    When I try to play the game,
    an error message box shows up with no messages in it, and the game does not open.

I have deleted and re-downloaded the game several times, including the nexon launcher.
    I also googled, and thought it was a problem with my firewall, but that doesnt seem to be the problem.

PLEASE HELP!
    edited July 2017
    There are already plenty of threads made for this issue. and the issue was also forwarded to support and they to the tech team. We have to wait until they address it. Download steam and maplestory through steam
  • BananasYepBananasYep
    edited July 2017
    Just wanted to bump this, as it got it to work for me after literally months of having that error.
  • LizardnixLizardnix
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    and heres a video

Finally was able to log in, I have tried the changing file name fix, redownloading the game 3 times and nothng, only erasing the value that you showed on the video seemed to work, thank you. I don't know how or why it works though...
    edited July 2017
    I cant take credit for that. But as long as you can play again.