[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blank Error Message

Comments

• chrisanthemumchrisanthemum
    Reactions: 710
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I am no longer having this problem. Seems to have fixed itself because I didn't do anything.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I found this googling around. I won't post link because I think the site where it originally was posted supports hacking activity, but here was the solution:

This error occurs shortly after launching the client and can be caused by a compatibility registry key for a library maplestory loads. It is fixed by removing the registry key.

The registry key is located at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers", and contains a value with the name consisting of the path to your maplestory.exe, and the Data being something similar to "$~ IgnoreFreeLibrary<nmconew.dll>". The dll can vary. Deleting the value fixes the issue.

Thank you! Solution worked for me!
    Any idea what causes this problem though?
    mafloo3
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Soapyyy wrote: »

where do you find the file for windows 10?

Click Start > type Regedit and you should be in the registry editor.
  • yukimoriyukimori
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited August 2017
    me and my sister (who has a brand new computer) have the same problem with the blank error T_T
    seriously since they moved the game only to start from the launcher it fudged up everything and its never working properly.

ive trying to reinstall to another folder but its not working...
    NEXON HAVE TO TURN MAPLE TO NOT ONLY START FROM LAUNCHER AS ITS CAUSES PROBLEMS ALL THE TIME
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    There should be a video in the 3rd page that shows what to do
  • ShinewindShinewind
    Reactions: 470
    edited August 2017
    I just had this error for the first time. I can confirm that editing the registry is the solution. This is a big problem, you really shouldn't have to ever go into the registry to fix a software problem as an average user since you can screw up your OS.

I doubt people backed up their registry before they made any changes as they should have.

Tech support needs to get this issue ironed out asap.
  • nosbleednosbleed
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    Where is the tech support team?
  • nosbleednosbleed
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    nosbleed wrote: »

Tech support is the developers. They dont comment here but they do sometimes look at the forums, aside from that the VFMs and CM pass on the comments and bug reports. Or you can submit a ticket also and report bugs and tech issues to support and they send it to developers
  • mafloo3mafloo3
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited August 2017
    I found this googling around. I won't post link because I think the site where it originally was posted supports hacking activity, but here was the solution:

This error occurs shortly after launching the client and can be caused by a compatibility registry key for a library maplestory loads. It is fixed by removing the registry key.

The registry key is located at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers", and contains a value with the name consisting of the path to your maplestory.exe, and the Data being something similar to "$~ IgnoreFreeLibrary<nmconew.dll>". The dll can vary. Deleting the value fixes the issue.

CONFIRMED worked perfectly. thank you very much.
  • DebaxDebax
    Reactions: 500
    edited August 2017
    Can als
    YinYangX wrote: »

Thank you! Solution worked for me!
    Any idea what causes this problem though?

Same thing worked for me, thanks bro =)