[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Rare Alien Fragment Helmet

SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
Reactions: 1,115
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
I just came back to MapleStory recently after 2 years, found myself 2 Golden Hammer 50% and tried to use them on my Rare Alien Fragment Helmet but unfortunately it's not letting me.

It's saying "2 upgrade increases have been used already." which is wrong because there should be more available for this particular rare helm.

In case you didn't know, there should be a total of 35 slots (15 slots + 20 hammers).
Just a quick google but:
This shows the basic slots: http://www.basilmarket.com/Rare-Alien-Fragment-Helmet-Screen-bbY5y-2
and this shows how many upgrades slots are left when a hammer was used back then http://imgur.com/kZxxWUE

Now my helmet is stuck at an odd number 22 slots (9 hammer applied and +13 used). I wanted to finally finish scrolling my helmet...

I don't know when it bugged out as I just got back recently.
Golden Hammers used to work on it properly back then. Maybe it's these particular tradeable "Golden Hammer 50%" that isn't working?

I doubt anyone reported this because of how rare this helmet is. Please fix it thank you.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Nexon recently changed hammers to have the same interface as scrolls.
    At first this was bugged to only allow 1 hammer to be used on an item. Then they fixed it to 2. I guess they hard-coded it to 2 slots per item, no matter what.

(TBH I never heard of the Rare Alien Fragment Helmet having 20 hammer slots. People talk a lot about a ~20-slot hat from Tower of Oz, so I think there'd be more talk of a 35-slot hat from Alien PQ, but...?)

What does your helmet's tooltip say in the "Number of hammers used:" line?
    If it says "MAX", then the item must have been changed at some point.
    If it doesn't say "MAX", you can try doing the following:
    1. Double click on your hammer
    2. Click on an unhammered piece of equipment
    3. The old hammer UI will open. Instead of clicking "upgrade" or "cancel", drag and drop the Alien Fragment Helmet to this window, instead of the other equip, and try to upgrade.
    SunsetChaos
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    At first this was bugged to only allow 1 hammer to be used on an item. Then they fixed it to 2. I guess they hard-coded it to 2 slots per item, no matter what.

(TBH I never heard of the Rare Alien Fragment Helmet having 20 hammer slots. People talk a lot about a ~20-slot hat from Tower of Oz, so I think there'd be more talk of a 35-slot hat from Alien PQ, but...?)

3. The old hammer UI will open. Instead of clicking "upgrade" or "cancel", drag and drop the Alien Fragment Helmet to this window, instead of the other equip, and try to upgrade.

Yea the Oz hat is the only other hat that I remember that had a lot of slots like this hat back then, not sure now if there's other hats now. It's probably easier to get Oz hat and it's better since it came with attack. You probably never heard of this because of how rare it is, and hardly anyone even does Alien PQ in the first place.

Like I said, 9 hammers applied so tooltip says "NUMBER OF HAMMER APPLIED : 9" It doesn't say (MAX) after it like some of my other equips.

OMG thank you! Your steps worked! "Increased available upgrade by 1. 10 upgrade slots are left.". Thank you very much.

Edit: Okay I finished hammering out the rest of the slots. Now it says "NUMBER OF HAMMER APPLIED: 2(MAX)". Wtf does that mean if I pure clean slate it with spell trace, I'll lose the hammer slots...
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited May 2017
    Edit: Okay I finished hammering out the rest of the slots. Now it says "NUMBER OF HAMMER APPLIED: 2(MAX)". Wtf does that mean if I pure clean slate it with spell trace, I'll lose the hammer slots...

Probably just the default text when an equipment has no more hammer available.
    Since it is the only equipment I heard of in GMS that can be hammered more than twice, the text was probably hard coded to say 2 no matter how many times you can hammer it since the developer (KMS) assumed there will never be a equipment with more than 2 hammer slots. You should be able to clean slate the slots back no problem.
    SunsetChaos
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited May 2017

The 22 slot helm you're discussing is the Aquarius Crown from tower of Oz. It goes to 24 with the hammers.
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    edited June 2017
    Rexaar wrote: »

Since it is the only equipment I heard of in GMS that can be hammered more than twice, the text was probably hard coded to say 2 no matter how many times you can hammer it since the developer (KMS) assumed there will never be a equipment with more than 2 hammer slots. You should be able to clean slate the slots back no problem.
    My fear has been confirmed. Pure clean slating will not recover those lost hammer slots. I spent hundreds of millions of hammers and spell traces too.. I even bought innocence scrolls to try getting past the issue, repeated spending all over again, but same problem...

edit: nvm see below
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

My fear has been confirmed. Pure clean slating will not recover those lost hammer slots. I spent hundreds of millions of hammers and spell traces too.. I even bought innocence scrolls to try getting past the issue, repeated spending all over again, but same problem...

Is the game telling you that you can't use clean slate on the hat?
    Or are the clean slates simply failing?
    Also, are you using clean slate scrolls, or the clean slate option of spell traces?
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    edited June 2017

Is the game telling you that you can't use clean slate on the hat?
    Or are the clean slates simply failing?
    Also, are you using clean slate scrolls, or the clean slate option of spell traces?
    Oh actually I think it works as long as I don't make it to 2(MAX). Had to innocence it to try again. I was using the spell trace and I think it wasn't letting me back then with the 2(MAX).