[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to play no matter what I do

HeavenlyBlissHeavenlyBliss
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
Before anyone says try uninstalling/reinstalling the game I've tried to reinstall the game 5 different times twice on steam and three times through the Nexon launcher. When I played previously I used to strictly use Gamelauncher but now that's disabled I have no choice. My problem when using the Nexon launcher is I can press play and approximately 20 to 30 seconds later (after the Nexon Security Guard comes up) the button will go back from gray to orange ready to press play again. I've tried killing the process, changing the soSmartScreen Value, repairing the client, compatibility modes, running from admin and a few others. I've also searched several forums to see if I could find an answer, but nothing came up. It's really frustrating because I really wanted to try the new event and hopefully re-spark my interest in maple again.
If anyone knows a method to fix this issue please feel free to post here.

Thanks
Another Mapler

Comments

• shenatoshenato
    Reactions: 910
    edited June 2017
    what anti-virus do you have? i have had issues like that in the past where maple story wouldn't run with certain anti-virus's, it didnt start working again until i had reformated my computer (for other reasons) reinstalling the game after i removed the anti virus did not fix the issue for me so im not sure what exactly caused this or if there is a better way around it with out having to reformat because i know its a pain in the butt
  • SactunSactun
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Before anyone says try uninstalling/reinstalling the game I've tried to reinstall the game 5 different times twice on steam and three times through the Nexon launcher. When I played previously I used to strictly use Gamelauncher but now that's disabled I have no choice. My problem when using the Nexon launcher is I can press play and approximately 20 to 30 seconds later (after the Nexon Security Guard comes up) the button will go back from gray to orange ready to press play again. I've tried killing the process, changing the soSmartScreen Value, repairing the client, compatibility modes, running from admin and a few others. I've also searched several forums to see if I could find an answer, but nothing came up. It's really frustrating because I really wanted to try the new event and hopefully re-spark my interest in maple again.

Thanks
    Another Mapler

Thanks
    Another Mapler

Are you windows 10?