[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

First launch always fails with no error

HHG1HHG1
Reactions: 5,986
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
Been having an issue for about a week or two where the first time launching MapleStory via Nexon Launcher always fails (as in fresh launch after maintenance, after restarting launcher or after restarting computer, not the first time launching ever). The W10 confirmation pops up, and the Nexon Launcher minimizes and says I'm in game, but Nexon Game Security never pops up and the launch fails, not giving any error, merely going back to the orange Play button as if nothing happened. The second try works though, but it's getting annoying.

I'm having this problem on both my main rig and my laptop so I'm gonna assume it's not on my end.
DarkPassenger

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    same, still happens, and it is only maple. combat arms doesnt do it, more of an annoyance than an actual issue though
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    s4hlVCy.jpg

Also this memory usage is just not okay. Lately it has gotten to the point where sprites stop loading and the client eventually crashes.
    It wasn't quite this bad a few patches ago.
    edited May 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    s4hlVCy.jpg

Also this memory usage is just not okay. Lately it has gotten to the point where sprites stop loading and the client eventually crashes.

check for updates, memory cpu and disk spikes when you need to update software
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    s4hlVCy.jpg

I am up to date on everything, this only occurs with MapleStory.

Also the launching issue remains after today's maintenance.
    edited May 2017
    s4hlVCy.jpg

I am up to date on everything, this only occurs with MapleStory.

Also the launching issue remains after today's maintenance.

It happens with mine too but usually stabilizes after I run an update check. It has to do with the file, but theres no actual threat with it launching on second try.
    edited May 2017
    Try repairing installation