[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game Freezes and Disconnects After Character Login

IHAFUFIHAFUF
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
Hi guys,
So this problem happened when I upgraded my computer. Maple worked fine on Windows 7, new computer is running Windows 10 though my laptop which is also running Windows 10 does not have this problem. I've sent a ticket to Nexon Support about this, but the solutions they responded with didn't help at all. Tried all the firewall and antivirus stuff. I feel like its some program, but I can't single it out and sometimes the game will work randomly, but the problem comes back eventually.

Basically, what I have notice with this problem is after selecting my character, the screen will be black for awhile (10-30seconds) and eventually I will load in. I am able to move around for 1-5seconds tops and the game will freeze and stop responding. After several minutes I will be disconnected to the World Selection menu with the message "Unable to connect to the game server". There have been a few instances I got the game to run and that was via booting Windows in Safe Mode with Networking(which ran fine for 12hours after booting Windows normally) and just at random times the game just decided to let me play. In those moments, the game does not have a long black screen after selecting my character and rather, loads in instantly. During those instances where I was able to play normally, eventually after a few hours I would get disconnected and the problem would resume. This has only happened twice, so I'm not 100% certain but I think when I got disconnected, they were at the same/similar times of the day. Another thing to note also is if I hop into the cash shop as soon as I login, I don't freeze and get disconnected.

The only software/hardware difference I can really note from my old and new computer is that the old was running AMD hardware and the new computer is on Intel/Nvidia hardware.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• IHAFUFIHAFUF
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I had a similar issue when I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 - I had to upgrade my graphic drivers due to some compatibility issue.

Did you try looking into downloading the the AMD drivers for Windows 10 from there website?

I'm not using an AMD graphics card anymore, using NVIDA and all drivers are up-to-date currently.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Did you try putting it in the microwave and pressing the defrost button

Edit: all jokes aside, I updated my wifi card driver and it worked wonders. Sounds like you have network issues
    DreamWeaver
  • IHAFUFIHAFUF
    edited May 2017
    IHAFUF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I had a similar issue when I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 - I had to upgrade my graphic drivers due to some compatibility issue.

Did you try looking into downloading the the AMD drivers for Windows 10 from there website?

I'm not using an AMD graphics card anymore, using NVIDA and all drivers are up-to-date currently.

Hm, sorry your post was confusing - I understand more now.

It sounds like some sort of networking issue, do you have any parental settings on the computer that would restrict network usage?

Nope, don't have any parental settings
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Did you try putting it in the microwave and pressing the defrost button

Edit: all jokes aside, I updated my wifi card driver and it worked wonders. Sounds like you have network issues

I'm running straight Ethernet though ;/
  • lopik02lopik02
    edited May 2017
    Has anyone found a solution for this yet?
  • CrispyPandaCrispyPanda
    Reactions: 600
    lopik02 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

My game did the same thing. I fixed it by turning on compatibility mode for maplestory.exe. Maplestory.exe should be in Local Disk > Nexon > Library > maplestory > appdata. If you have the steam version it should be in Local Disk > Program Files (x86) > steam > steamapps > common > Maplestory.