[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New class idea/character

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I would like to see a character use actual guns and artillery. I know this is a kid friendly game but it'd be fun. I assume the majority player base is a little over 18. It'd be cool to see a thief use spy gadgets with guns , call in a helicopter strike.

Comments

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Me too
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Eh. There are enough classes with guns/bullets, missiles and explosions.

I would personally prefer an addition of a dark mage/necromancer. Too many goodie two shoes heroes running about. Heck, even the demon turned good when betrayed by the Black Mage. Let's add some dark options.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited May 2017
    Eh. There are enough classes with guns/bullets, missiles and explosions.

I would personally prefer an addition of a dark mage/necromancer. Too many goodie two shoes heroes running about. Heck, even the demon turned good when betrayed by the Black Mage. Let's add some dark options.

dark mage is battle mage, they use darkness element. Just like knight walker is also dark element, battle mage also fits into what couldve been a necromancer.

Which classes use guns? only one that relatively fits would be wild hunter and corsair, but i mean modern guns like desert eagles and sniper rifles, drone strikes and such. but something to make it spy related. I suppose blaster also uses guns but in a different way. gauntlet guns

I doubt theyll make a villain option to play, theyd have to make a "good" boss.
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    edited May 2017
    I don't just mean dark element. But dark. Storyline is they don't care about anyone or anything except for their desire to get stronger. They can still beat up the same mobs and bosses but just for the purpose of pursuing ultimate dominance of the world . Writing for it would be a bit of a hassle but I'm sure there are a few out there that would LOVE a project like that. That or they can do a cop out and say "I'll play along with their little games until I achieve my ultimate goal."
    edited May 2017
    They also dont have nature user, like grass and trees and earth, Evan doesnt really count as it's just a few skills.
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    edited May 2017
    A neat idea (dunno how far it'd get) is a Chef class that can turn those useless/semi-useless etc drops into dishes that they can use as attacks or buffs.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    A neat idea (dunno how far it'd get) is a Chef class that can turn those useless/semi-useless etc drops into dishes that they can use as attacks or buffs.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/3469/meet-the-newest-playable-character-class-grill-master

Which later turned into the Beefy's Kitchen event.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/3192/enter-beefy-s-kitchen-7-22-9-15
    One of the best events we've had in the game. And it felt like it had been planned to be so much bigger. I wish they'd bring it back, and maybe full-force too.
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited May 2017
    I'm still waiting on a Bowman Hybrid character myself:

Either a Bowman Mage, or a Bowman Warrior, etc.
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited May 2017
    I'm still hoping for Ayame to become a real class.
    JettLuvsUGargulaMageOfBattlesYonax
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    edited May 2017
    Klara wrote: »
    I'm still hoping for Ayame to become a real class.

Sir, I also do want Ayame to become a real class. I'd play the heck out of it.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited May 2017
    I want a straight up water mage. Not Tb, which is okay, but it doesn't have what a water mage could do. I feel like there so much that water can be used to do, and Tb hasn't quite done it justice.
    JettLuvsUDarkPassenger
    edited May 2017
    I want a straight up water mage. Not Tb, which is okay, but it doesn't have what a water mage could do. I feel like there so much that water can be used to do, and Tb hasn't quite done it justice.

That would be dope. Mages usually come with two elements though so what would the second be? Maybe grass
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017

That would be dope. Mages usually come with two elements though so what would the second be? Maybe grass

That Nature Mage man...Water, maybe rocks and stuff...and plants.
    MageOfBattles
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

I agree, I think that nature/plants and such would be one of the only main areas to go into.
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Evan is already nature based (as in elemental nature) but i know what you mean
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    edited May 2017
    A lot of people care about balance when there's a lot of comp mid/endgame of who can do the highest numbers or kill something the fastest.

A Water/Nature mage would be pretty neat idea, especially when they could have stacked effects like plants that do extra damage when in a rainstorm or summon plant minions that travel on one lane that have hp but can be healed with a mist that also slows down enemies or something like that.
    DarkPassenger
    edited May 2017
    A lot of people care about balance when there's a lot of comp mid/endgame of who can do the highest numbers or kill something the fastest.

A Water/Nature mage would be pretty neat idea, especially when they could have stacked effects like plants that do extra damage when in a rainstorm or summon plant minions that travel on one lane that have hp but can be healed with a mist that also slows down enemies or something like that.

we getting creative now. give them a rainstorm to attack and a sun skill that heals. (photosynthesis)
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    edited May 2017
    Eh, can't really give em a sun thing since that's kinda fire which is why I thought of mist. Could also have a fruit tree that drops fruit once fully nurtured that does a partial heal. Nothing too powerful so the class doesn't become op but there needs to be more healing classes.