[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Second Chance Event

ItaliansItalians
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I believe first time offenders deserve another chance. Nexon doesn't seem to show any leniency to their players? It just boggles my mind how stupidly strict they are. People make mistakes in life but as long as they learn from it then we should be given another chance at redemption.

Comments

• SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Depends on the offense, really.
    ShadEight
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Learn from your mistake, make a new account, and play it by the rules.
    JettLuvsULilyflowerStarshadow
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited May 2017
    Italians wrote: »
    I believe first time offenders deserve another chance. Nexon doesn't seem to show any leniency to their players? It just boggles my mind how stupidly strict they are. People make mistakes in life but as long as they learn from it then we should be given another chance at redemption.

What kinda message would that send to the community? If it doesn't have any real repercussions the cheaters will just keep cheating! Nobody should be able to apologize their account back.
    Bahamut_XStarshadow
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited May 2017

But they knew what they were getting into and still took the risk so its on them not Nexon.
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Second chance? No. You learn from your mistake. Regardless of the loss.

You make a 'mistake' well some mistakes can't simply be undone with a "second chance". Why should Nexon pretty much give cheaters/hackers/bots/scammers a second chance when pretty much there's a higher chance they'd just continue cheating anyway?
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    Sparklee wrote: »
    Second chance? No. You learn from your mistake. Regardless of the loss.

You make a 'mistake' well some mistakes can't simply be undone with a "second chance". Why should Nexon pretty much give cheaters/hackers/bots/scammers a second chance when pretty much there's a higher chance they'd just continue cheating anyway? I like poop poop :P

I agree like I did something wrong once and everyone in grazed server hated me for it idk if you grazed players remember the ign Kenjiato I was big kser back then because I didn't know what ksing meant now I'm in MYBCKN server

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Even God forgives
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    JettLuvsUCatoooloooStarshadow
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Eh, the only reason I could see people reaaaaally pushing this is their friends or they themselves did something stupid to get banned (not just triggering false detection).
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited May 2017
    There's already been a second chance. This would be a third. So no. It should never happen again.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    You don't hack by accident, and I've seen hackers getting only 2 week bans. How much more leniency is required exactly?

Grow up and take responsibility for your actions.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2017
    Depends on the offense, really.

yea this

Non hackers who have abused game design flaws (from nexon) should be given a second chance. It isn't in nexon's interest to simply ban people who haven't mingled in the code and show willingness to keep investing time and/or money in their character. Everyone else, botters hackers dupers, can go cry in a corner.
    Catooolooo
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2017
    The last 3 times that nexon did "Second chances" it was horrible cause it didnt filter non- hacking players, it just gave anyone who was perm banned a pardon which was a terrible idea and has not returned for that reason, but maybe if nexon decided to only release players of non- hacking, non-advertising, non-botting offenses, it could have a better run than the "Even god Forgives" mentality that plagued the first 3 runs of "Second Chances"
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited May 2017
    no more second chances! and learn from your mistakes and follow the rules.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited May 2017

Depends if you were hacking/botting/cheating, or not.