[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SOLVED] PC Freezes After Clicking 'Play'

DreamWeaverDreamWeaver
Reactions: 1,435
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
EDIT: Thought I had checked everything, but it turns out that my game booster app turned off one of Maple's launch functions. No idea why, but it tends to do that every now and then, usually after it updates.

Title basically describes it - I click 'Play' on the launcher, my screen goes black as it transitions to the Nexon logo animation, and then my computer locks up. I don't have a ton of programs on this machine, except for a few anti malware/antivirus programs that I've been using for years, and it's free of viruses.

To be honest though, I'm not entirely convinced this is an issue with Maple itself, as Windows 10 did a major update about two days ago, and ever since my computer has been infuriatingly slow. I noticed there 's network maintenance going on. Could this be the problem? The notice says the game is available, but...I can't see how this would cause my computer to crash, even if I weren't able to connect to the servers.

I'm going to do a defrag, and possibly a system restore, but in the mean time, is anyone else having this problem? Oh, and I've checked my firewall. It's set to let MapleStory through.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    check for updates, usually software updates cause co disk and memory usage to spike and thats what causes it