[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Botting in this game seems out of control

Comments

• JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2017
    Temptation wrote: »
    Everyday I report spawn hack in pianus, nothing is done, for years hackers are there auto-spawning and kiling pianus... gg Nexon,honestly I don't think this company wants to solve the hacking issue.

I bet they getting banned, its just that bots are like Hydra, Mythology Greek monster, kill one and two more will come (on same body ofc.. i mean computer).
    Only way to stop it is to MAC address ban, so they won't be able to open the game ever again on that computer.

Or.. make it like in KMS, new accounts must have a phone confirmation.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2017
    July wrote: »
    Everyday I report spawn hack in pianus, nothing is done, for years hackers are there auto-spawning and kiling pianus... gg Nexon,honestly I don't think this company wants to solve the hacking issue.

I bet they getting banned, its just that bots are like Hydra, Mythology Greek monster, kill one and two more will come (on same body ofc.. i mean computer).
    Only way to stop it is to MAC address ban, so they won't be able to open the game ever again on that computer.

i like both ideas. I I just don't want people complaining they don't have a cell phone.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    July wrote: »

i like both ideas. I I just don't want people complaining they don't have a cell phone.
    I don't mind I like both of them some say they don't want phone confirmation because it's to hard and stuff some say they don't have cell phone but to me it's easy.

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    They could grandfather in all current accounts and only allow new accounts with extra verification.

It doesn't even have to be limited to a phone number. They could come up with a unique solution like mailing in a form? Who knows, get creative!

Also many people are probably concerned about losing the ability to have multiple accounts but there's no reason why nexon couldn't allow a sensible number of accounts connected to the same verified source. Something like 3-5.

Of course, they should all be banned if even one hacks though.