[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

FPS Stutter every 5 seconds please help

LimpPapiLimpPapi
Reactions: 200
edited May 2017 in Tech Support
Hi, i recently started playing maplestory again and i keep getting lag whenever i log into a character.
The lag acts as an FPS drop where the whole game will stop moving for just a second or so every 5 seconds.
My internet is fine, i have a really powerful cpu, and I'm running windows 10
i have tried the Reddit fix with the fire wall, but it didn't work
I've reinstalled the game multiple times
I've tried logging out and waiting but the lag doesn't continue onto the world or character select screen, it's only when i am in game
does someone have any idea what to do with this, i really just wanna play this game again

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    LimpPapi wrote: »
    Hi, i recently started playing maplestory again and i keep getting lag whenever i log into a character.
    The lag acts as an FPS drop where the whole game will stop moving for just a second or so every 5 seconds.
    My internet is fine, i have a really powerful cpu, and I'm running windows 10
    i have tried the Reddit fix with the fire wall, but it didn't work
    I've reinstalled the game multiple times
    I've tried logging out and waiting but the lag doesn't continue onto the world or character select screen, it's only when i am in game
    does someone have any idea what to do with this, i really just wanna play this game again

check if all drivers are up to date, when that happens to me sometimes it is due to something as simple as having to update windows defender.
    LimpPapi
  • LimpPapiLimpPapi
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2017
    i did update the drivers after you said that and my windows defender did need an update but for some reason it's still happening
    oh well, thanks for trying, probably just gonna try a new mmo now