[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Cards and allied worlds (and Legion)

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Note: I know the character card content is being removed soon, in favor of the new Legion system.
However, I suspect that Legion might suffer from the same issue. As far as I know, KMS does not have world alliances, so this aspect of Legion was not tested there.
Please test to make sure it works as it should, before the patch goes live.

Bug type: Data persistence

Brief bug summary: Logging on a character in one world of an alliance, will cause all character cards and sets to be reset for the other worlds in the alliance.

More details: Character cards and character card sets are per world. Allied worlds do not share them. This is as it should be.
However, logging into a character in one allied world will cause the cards selected for other worlds to become unselected even for those worlds, which should not happen.
I fear that the same will happen with Legion. And while character cards are easy enough to select again when switching worlds, the Synergy Grid would be quite tedious to rebuild every time.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Have characters over level 30 on two worlds of an alliance, for example Kradia and Mardia.
2. Start up the game
3. Select Kradia and a channel.
4. Click Character Cards.
5. Select up to 9 cards in up to three decks.
6. Click "OK"
7. Select a character and log into the game.
8. "Quit Game" from the menu button.
9. Select Kradia and a channel
10. Click "Character Card".
11. Observe that all your character card sets are still as you set them. Click "OK".

12. Press ESC to go back to world select
13. Select Mardia and a channel
13.a (optional) Select character card sets for Mardia.
14. Select a character and log into it
15. Log out
16. Select Kradia and a channel
17. Click "Character Card"
18. Observe that none of your character cards are selected.

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    This is also an issue with customized character order on the selection pages. If you attempt to change the order in an allied world, the order of the other world will get reset to default (order by creation).
    WatcherCCG
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 1,570
    edited June 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    This is also an issue with customized character order on the selection pages. If you attempt to change the order in an allied world, the order of the other world will get reset to default (order by creation).

Exact same thing I reported the other day. Any idea what causes it?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for the reports, I will forward it :)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    This is indeed still an issue with Legion.