[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Wrong Potential on 151+ Equips for HP/MP/DEF%

CapacchiCapacchi
Reactions: 1,330
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary:

Potential on lvl 151+ equips are 3/6/9/12% for HP/MP/DEF% at Legendary Tier when it should be 4/7/10/13% like the other main stat (STR/DEX/INT/LUK).

More details:

In GMS, level 151+ items can get 4/7/10/13% on rare/epic/unique/legendary potential tiers. However, the lvl 151+ items (ex: Sweetwater, Absolab, Sengoku) are only going up to the lvl 71+ potentials (which are 3/6/9/12%) for only HP/MP/DEF% on legendary potentials, while the other main stats are being applied correctly as you will see in the screenshots provided in which there is a 10%INT line on the Abso shoulder. HP% is the main stat for Demon Avengers (DA) which affects our gear.

[Source: Maplestory/Potential System]

Here's some screenshots:

Absolab Shoulder: 12HP/9HP/10INT

Sengoku Hakase Badge: 12HP/9HP/9DEF

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Cube a lvl. 151+ item (example: lvl. 160 Sweetwater Accesories or lvl. 160 Absolab Equips)
  2. Potential for STR/DEX/INT/LUK will yield 4/7/10/13 respectively for rare/epic/unique/legendary tier.
  3. -EDIT- Potential for HP/MP/DEF will yield 3/6/9/12 respectively for just legendary tier. (So 7% and 10%HP exists but only when the item is Unique and reverts back to the lower potential scaling once it hits Legendary)

Character name: Capavengers

Character level: 227

Character job: Demon Avenger

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: A problem since V: Limitless Patch (v 178.1) and persists to current time, June 2017.

Comments

• Roy666Roy666
    Reactions: 830
    edited December 2016
    both of my sweetwater tatto and sweetwater glasses in my inventory have been changed their tier to 150. The first line should be 13% hp but it's 12% hp now, same for my sweetwater glasses, and the stuff which im using didnt change the tier. Plz fix this.
  • Randomcity2Randomcity2
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2016
    Bug type: Potential System Error (or unannounced and unwanted system change)

Brief bug summary:
    Tier 4 Potential for %hp and %mp has changed 13 and 10% lines to 12 and 9% only for %hp and %mp while every other stat remains at 13 and 10% lines (my sweetwater demon sword that had 13% avoid now has 12% luk . . . should be 13% luk but whatever, its likely f*** up caused by using KMS stat change system which don't have tier 4)

More details:
    tier 4 potential for lines of 7 and 4% hp and %mp remain as 7 and 4% and were not changed to 6 and 3% so this is a problem exclusive to unique and legendary tier items (other than the 1% or less items that miraculously pulled a unique primary or legendary secondary tier %hp or %mp line at epic rank)

Steps to reproduce:
    Umm. . . log in . . look at your unique and legnedary items that had 13% and 10% lines of %hp or %mp and see that they are now saying 12% and 9% while every other stat is unchanged ?

Character name: xUndine
    Character level: 235
    Character job: Demon Avenger
    World name: Demethos
    Date and time of the incident: November 30th after the V : Limitless patch (v 178.1) to current time and date @ about 5 P.M. PST (i think it was then when patch ended before restarting maintenance again)
    (mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited June 2017
    But I notice something here when cubing Krexel Pauldron or SW, when rolling secondary potential line on Epic and higher, it shows the correct %. I think HP is not bugged but only MP and DEF. Earlier last cube before I tiered up a SW Glasses to unique, I had 7% 4% 4% HP, was on Epic.

So the real bug for MP and DEF is this

Not sure of the % MP and %def at Rare tier since I never got a Lv160 clean item, except SW which already at Epic.

Epic: 7% primary line and 4% secondary (i dont remember to see a 6% at Epic)

Unique: I can confirm to never see a 10% MP or DEF, but only 9% MP and 9% DEF as primary line but I still see 7% as secondary line.

Legendary: I can't say about Legendary line because I have yet to get a Lv160 legendary, besides my Terminus Defender (shield) and old pair of SW gloves which I wont change pot)
  • CapacchiCapacchi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    But I notice something here when cubing Krexel Pauldron or SW, when rolling secondary potential line on Epic and higher, it shows the correct %. I think HP is not bugged but only MP and DEF. Earlier last cube before I tiered up a SW Glasses to unique, I had 7% 4% 4% HP, was on Epic.

So the real bug for MP and DEF is this

Not sure of the % MP and %def at Rare tier since I never got a Lv160 clean item, except SW which already at Epic.

Epic: 7% primary line and 4% secondary (i dont remember to see a 6% at Epic)

Unique: I can confirm to never see a 10% MP or DEF, but only 9% MP and 9% DEF as primary line but I still see 7% as secondary line.

Legendary: I can't say about Legendary line because I have yet to get a Lv160 legendary, besides my Terminus Defender (shield) and old pair of SW gloves which I wont change pot)

Nope, %HP is definitely bugging out as well.

Here's some SW equips that shows that it only goes up to the lvl. 71+ potentials for %HP as well.

SW Tattoo: Cubing

SW Glove: 12HP/DSE/9HP

All of these items are legendary, so maybe it's legendary items that are using the lvl. 71+ potentials instead of the lvl. 151+ potentials since on a legendary item it goes back to 6/9/12% for HP/MP/DEF%.
  • DBLuciferDBLucifer
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2017
    Bump
  • DBLuciferDBLucifer
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2017
    Bump
  • CapacchiCapacchi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo Maplers,

Sorry it appears I forgot to forward this one.

I've reproduced this and have forwarded it.

Thank you! :)
  • UxieUxie
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited May 2021
    Bump
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Please don't necro three year old threads.
This discussion has been closed.