[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About Fusion Anvils

ArchanIomharArchanIomhar
Reactions: 1,025
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
okay so... I get the whole 'same gender' thing (not really, i think it's pretty useless but whatever) when it comes to fusing the appearances of equipment but what I don't get is not being able to fuse the appearances of gendered things with gender-neutral things. like...

I have my CRA set, but I don't really dig the appearance (its kinda gaudy imo) so I'll fuse it with an older equipment set that I really liked, in this case, the level 40 equipment set for bowmen. Now, the early levels for class specific outfits are always gender specific. However, because the Piettra skirt is a 'female' equip and the Trixter Ranger Pants are 'neutral'... they can't be fused. And I gotta ask 'why'? Like... what's the point. I just wasted my NX on this and yeah I'm pretty salty.

So... since the Fusion Anvils are, y'know, a Premium thing, shouldn't they be less limited than what they are? Lacking being able to fuse gender-specific with opposite gender-specific equipment, at least be able to fuse a gender-specific appearance to a neutral? And, if not, what possible complication would prevent this from ever working, or be too big of a problem to fix?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The problem is this: Suppose you fuse your Trixter Ranger Pants to look like Piettra Skirt. And then you wear those pants on a male character (or you sell the pants to someone who puts them on a male character). Surely you agree that a male char wearing what appears to be a skirt, is too scandalous for a children's game?

Of course, this argument would carry more weight if the game didn't already have quite a few gender-neutral dresses in the Cash Shop...
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited June 2017
    A simple fix: lock the functionality item's gender to the item appearance's gender. So in your case, fusing the female skirt will make the CRA bottom a female item. I wish that we could have this feature since this very function already exists for the Friendstory School Uniform....