[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What do you do when you're called a hacker?

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited June 2017 in Rants and Raves
So this one person has been harassing me calling me a hacker and slandering my name over and over, just because he saw me killing an entire map. As a mech I have summons which let me map clear certain maps, but even after I tried explaining it to him he keeps going "shut up you hacked you hacked your way to 250 like the rest of them idc what you say you're a hacker" and he's even gotten me kicked out of guilds just because some people are willing to listen to him. (also if I actually was hacking, then it wouldn't have taken me 6 years to hit 250, probably)

I'm not sure what I can do about this person who's flat out decided to ruin my good name just because he's decided he's right and I'm wrong. (I submitted a ticket but I doubt that will do anything)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this because this is an actual concern of mine, but it doesn't seem right to post it in General chat. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help.

EDIT: We've settled. Still hate the guy but I won't interact with him and he won't interact with me. And if he breaks that then I get ready to release all hell (I've been asking around and have been getting the opinions of how most people see him and the people he hangs out with)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    A ticket can actually work. People have been banned for harassment before.
    Try to get as much evidence as you can (screenshots, videos).
    Good luck.
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited June 2017
    Yeah that is just sad.. cause Certain classes can mob well. Also in reboot, Certain guilds could brand you as someone that associates with hacking.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    I haven't been constantly harassed but I just ignore it when it happens. They generally give up most of the time.
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    I've been banned because of people like that once, they got people to mass report me by claiming I was a hacker. Lost a one month weekend 2x card (at least 20$) and other nx items thanks to that bs and always got automated responses when I tried to tell them there was a mistake. (three month ban) because of jerks in the maplestory community.