[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guild Request Reject does not work

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality, Guild

Brief bug summary: When a Guild Master or Jr. Master declines a request to join the guild the request comes back later without the user submitting another request to join the guild.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Be a Guild Master or Jr.Master.
  • Go onto another character and request to join that guild.
  • Go back onto the character with Guild Master or Jr.Master of the guild you appiled.
  • Reject request of said player.
  • See that the request shows up again without any action taken from the player that sent the request that got rejected. Easiest method is to change channels.

This result shows that as if they were never rejected in the first place and will stay in request queue.

EDIT:
Here is a video demonstrating the bug being reported:

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited October 2017
    Still an issue as of October 4th, 2017 (v188.4).
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited October 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    This is caused by the player joining another guild while the request is pending in the notifier.
    I don't think this is the case because I've replicated this issue with another character of mine plus a few friends that have yet to be in any guild.
    A server check will always clear this database and solve this issue - is this not happening for you?
    I'm not certain whether it does or doesn't but the state of the bug not being able to reject and clear the request list is extremely annoying.

The other alternative solution is to accept and expell them, but that's not exactly a nice thing to do.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited October 2017
    I'm not able to accept them into the guild either if it's the bug I'm thinking of. I'm not able to reproduce this with the steps you've described.

Does anyone else have more info on this? This is much too vague to be able to be bugged by the game team.

I've uploaded a video how I reproduced it on my end.

I've also updated my bug report on the top.

I hope this helps.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I was able to replicate it easily enough.

1. Character A applies to guild.
    2. Guild jr. master B rejects A's application (checks A's box and clicks "REJECT". A's application disappears from Guild Join Requests window).
    3. B changes channel.
    4. B opens Guild Join Requests windows, and sees A's application is there again.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Can also confirm that this is happening, and has been happening for a really long time. Pretty annoying. We just ignore it now, or accept+kick like assholes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited January 2018
    Still an on-going issue as of January 4th, 2018.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    It's been forwarded!
    Its2Sharp4U