[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring back remote effect!

xOtakuxOtaku
Reactions: 1,355
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Remote effect was a feature that Maplestory had about a year ago and was removed due to the implementation of transparent skill, I suggest that to bring it back into the game. It basically turned off other player's damage and skill effects so that they wouldn’t appear on your screen, which massively improves performance. Nexon should bring back remote effect so that Maplestory would be playable for people without good computers and make gameplay smoother for those with decent computers by removing the unnecessary frame drops generated by other players’ hits per second. This can also help out with potential/ veteran streamers with having less frame drops.

Some quintessential ways remote effect would improve quality life in maple:
-18 man Ursus can be done much more easier with other people, as you only see your own skills and not 18 unique ones.
-less framedrops in Lucid, as there are times too many HPS can be seen when multiple golems are out.
-party play is easier for more people, whether it be grinding or questing, less skills allow for less induced framelag from certain classes (i.e. 5th job db, Wind archer, etc)
-Streaming and recording will have a major benefit to these, as when recording, or streaming, lag (especially framerate) will be present; remote effect will decrease the drops and make videos flow smoother consequently having an easier time playing with less frame drops.

Adding the remote effect option back would allow people without good computers to enjoy the game more by decreasing frame drop due to other player's skill usage while keeping transparent effects would allow transparency for yourself and for people to view other people's skill with some extend of transparency if they do not wish to use remote effect. Due to the less frame drops caused by this potential fix, it would encourage players to attempt content they would usually avoid due to lag issues.
cruelyouthSlicedTimeIvangoldKlarafoussiremix

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The main issue, as I see it, is that Skill Transparency doesn't apply to damage numbers.

We need the ability to hide other people's damage numbers, whether it is made part of Skill Transparency or added as a separate toggle ("Remote Effect" or a more meaningful name).
    Its2Sharp4USlicedTimemrskannax
  • EvoraEvora
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2017
    I heard of this back when I was playing EMS and actually looked forward to it when I heard about the merge. Then when I came over, it had disappeared.

Sadness.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The main issue, as I see it, is that Skill Transparency doesn't apply to damage numbers.

We need the ability to hide other people's damage numbers, whether it is made part of Skill Transparency or added as a separate toggle ("Remote Effect" or a more meaningful name).

The way I see it is that instead of just numbers, I think remote effect also removes other people's damage effects while Skill Transparency only makes the skill effects not visible but still there along with the damage numbers still being visible.