[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Old MapleStory (Pre-Big Bang)

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    I miss seeing everybody hang out, everyone crowding and selling their stuff in the FM, people doing PQ, when the monster carnival and kerning pq was popular, when the PINK BEAN was the HARDEST boss and it needed like a million players to defeat it. Killing mushmom for ilbis. I was POOR af. Hitting level 30 was an achievment, but i couldn't get past 50 lol(i was bad).
    Old maple was fun.

Nowadays, people don't hang out (or they do, I just can't find them), the FM is empty, nobody does monster carnival, pink bean can be solo'd. The community sorta died after big bang. Too easy to level up.
    Not as fun as old maple.

I stopped playing for about 3-4 years. Came back recently (last week) and it's sad to see all the old hang out and popular spots empty. FeelsBadMan

pre big bang was more about partying up and having a community. Now it feels like they discourage party members(leeching is dead) and theyway how pot works its more of a pissing contest of people asking "WhaTs uR ranGE?". I mean even bosses feel dumb now they all do % damage of hp and are giant walking "bullet sponges" making mobility classes the best cause fk hp and defense theyre irrelevant.

leech was never a good way to encourage party play, it just encouraged bots, more hacking and people not playing the game while 1 person map kills, killing leeching was a step in the right direction, now if they remove the exp penalty for partying up (the decrease in exp) it would actually be the most party play encouraging party system maple ever had , due to the fact that full exp is given with the addition of making sure the people that gain exp are actually contributing to the party monster kills. in before "But all I wana do is supply X party buff as my party contribution"

(apparently in/b4 is censored on the forums?!? for real?)

also the e-penor contest was a player created trend, I remember when I came back from a long time of not playing, the first question I was asked by most players was not a " hey, How are you" it was "range?", I have still yet to ask about someones range as the first thing when talking to anyone, for me it only gets brought up when people in my guild/ alliance or some one I meet wants to know if they can clear certain content (or if I can help them clear it) or If i feel like I have achieved an amazing boost with my recent skills or upgrades. People are not forced to make that the main topic but they do cause they need to measure their e-penor against yours to feel good about themselves. that is to say, you can play in today's maple and not have that be the most important thing to talk about.

the defense and % hp thing I sort of agree on, I mean I understand why they changed to making newer bosses deal % hp but that then makes defense a useless stat for bossing (which is what most of the end game is), would be better if they made defense also scale down the amount of % damage you take in boss battles as well as have it function as it currently does against normal mobs.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    also the e-penor contest was a player created trend, I remember when I came back from a long time of not playing, the first question I was asked by most players was not a " hey, How are you" it was "range?", I have still yet to ask about someones range as the first thing when talking to anyone, for me it only gets brought up when people in my guild/ alliance or some one I meet wants to know if they can clear certain content (or if I can help them clear it) or If i feel like I have achieved an amazing boost with my recent skills or upgrades. People are not forced to make that the main topic but they do cause they need to measure their e-penor against yours to feel good about themselves. that is to say, you can play in today's maple and not have that be the most important thing to talk about.

I haven't seen people commonly ask for range since probably the first half of last year, before carries became rampant (in Reboot, at least). Now I only see it discussed in basically what you described. Not even often in endgame bosses like Lotus and Damien.

But tbh, if it means people would quit being so reliant on carries and actually party to do bosses, I'd rather the discussion of range recontinue. Carry dependency's far more a problem than asking what someone's range is when you want to party.