[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please give us exploration boxes in Use tab again

KlaraKlara
Reactions: 3,385
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
After the Override patch, exploration boxes don't seem to be given out anymore and rewards are now immediately obtained upon claiming the box through the monster exploration tab. I personally find this recent change bothersome since I need multiple free slots in my inventory to be able to accept the rewards before sending out more monsters to explore. Previously, players received a single box upon completion of the expedition which was added into their use tab and could be opened at any time. Could we please get this change reversed to how it was before the patch? I use monster expedition multiple times a day and I don't want my inventory cluttered with expirables from MC which cannot even stack.

This is how I store my boxes until I am ready to use the rewards; it's neat, it doesn't take up much room, and nothing expires until opened.
image.png
AKradianIts2Sharp4USlicedTimexNihilityArgentDiscordOfColorsHHG1xOtakuSkyTheDestroyerdeadend5193and 1 other.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I agree. The way it was before was much more convenient.
  • KlaraKlara
    edited June 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

I agree that this is much better.

I'll forward this feedback.

Thanks! Btw, apparently silver potential stamps from monster exploration are now fully untradable according to this thread:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14097/unmentioned-changes-checklist#latest
    I haven't received one yet after the patch to confirm, but is there a reason for this? And is there any chance to reverse it as well? I think silver stamps didn't have an expiration date (but were only movable within account) so I stored them on a mule for when I needed one. Though I can't remember the details 100% since I haven't opened many boxes in a while.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited June 2017
    Agreed
  • xNihilityxNihility
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2017
    Strongly agree. The new exploration system and rewards are much worse. Using 50% Chaos of Goodness scrolls was the only thing keeping my wallet afloat lol
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    Reactions: 965
    edited June 2017
    was CoG completely removed from monster exploration?
  • xNihilityxNihility
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2017

Yes, it's pretty sad. Opening 6 hour boxes regularly since the patch and basically just getting ~100 spell traces and trait items [of which are useless to me as I'm max trait now].
    The new stuff is pretty unrewarding and makes grinding for that 4th slot feel like a complete waste of time to me.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited June 2017
    xNihility wrote: »

Yes, it's pretty sad. Opening 6 hour boxes regularly since the patch and basically just getting ~100 spell traces and trait items [of which are useless to me as I'm max trait now].
    The new stuff is pretty unrewarding and makes grinding for that 4th slot feel like a complete waste of time to me.

Agree with him. I haven't received any since patch. Considering I do 3-4 rounds of 6 hour explorations - each round coming in at 4 boxes, 18 minimum per day. That's roughly 120 if I'm doing the math right. No cogs.

I thought it'd be like occult cubes - not in the reward list but can be acquired. Unfortunately given the chances, I've started to believe otherwise. I had no choice but to send out a 1 day exploration round. 1 in 4 chance though so I'm not too optimistic.

If any of you have stocks of the boxes pre-patch though, you can still get cogs there.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited June 2017
    I would also like this changed back. They made the exploration way worse than before. Not only are the rewards worse as people have mentioned but the 30 min reward is now changed to 1 hour. The rewards need to be changed back to what they used to be and they need to be given in boxes again. I don't know why you needed to update something that was already good...

Nexon you seem to do this a lot. If there's no complaints or bad feedback about something then it's usually fine.
  • KlaraKlara
    edited June 2017
    Yesterday a friend brought up that cog50% was removed from the rewards and I didn't even realise it... We're so upset because that's the main reason we bother with explorations. =c I agree with all the comments - monster exploration was fine as it was and all these changes ruined it. And while on topic, I've realised that the onscreen announcement when recording a new monster is smaller than before; the large font prior to the patch was much more visible.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    And please do not remove occult cubes they are actually really helpfull :)

even implement them to be the bosses rewards.