[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

0.02% exp per kill is atrocious

SockerfriSockerfri
Reactions: 1,020
edited June 2017 in General Chat
nexon needs to make levelling easier, give us daily quest starting at level 150-250 that gives you a large amount of experience.
this game has a horrible levelling experience.

sure its faster then before but it's not enjoyable at all, i want to do end game content but i can't because after 7 months of playing i still haven't broken lvl 182 because chances of me dying is high i take about 4600 damage, takes about 20 seconds to kill one enemy for 0.02% exp so naturally i die every now and again losing hours of exp.

i hate this.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Keep an eye on your HP and either tag (I read elsewhere that you're a Zero?) or use a potion (Power Elixirs preferred) when it's running low.
    For the rare cases where you do die, keep a stock of Safety Charms on hand (buy from Merchant Matilda, in most major towns) to not lose EXP.

There's no reason for it to take you 20 seconds to kill an enemy at level 182. Either you are not playing your class correctly (check that you know what all your skills are and how to chain and tag for optimal, or at least good, results), you haven't upgraded your gear at all, or you're fighting Star Force mobs without having the required Star Force on your gear.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Keep an eye on your HP and either tag (I read elsewhere that you're a Zero?) or use a potion (Power Elixirs preferred) when it's running low.
    For the rare cases where you do die, keep a stock of Safety Charms on hand (buy from Merchant Matilda, in most major towns) to not lose EXP.

There's no reason for it to take you 20 seconds to kill an enemy at level 182. Either you are not playing your class correctly (check that you know what all your skills are and how to chain and tag for optimal, or at least good, results), you haven't upgraded your gear at all, or you're fighting Star Force mobs without having the required Star Force on your gear.

The main point is probably the exp gaining not the dying.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    I would focus on upgrading your gear. Your EXP rates will rise when you kill mobs faster. Also, from the sound of it, you seem to be quite far behind in terms of range. Take a short break from leveling, focus more on meso-gain and funding instead.

Level 182 should be around the Twilight Perion area, which is a bit of a drain on your HP but nothing too drastic. You should also be going through normal Horntail and at least killing a few of the statues in Pink Bean; this will allow you to level up faster.
  • SockerfriSockerfri
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited June 2017
    my gear is full cra set, blackgate accessories and the rest is filled with normal zero gear and weapon is upgraded to +7 lazuli my range when buffed is about between 55k to 64k alpha hits a constant 140.000 damage and alpha hits aroung 500k on her attacks.

my range is ok at best but i guess i'll upgrade a little bit more!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    If youre in reboot you might want to hit more than that.
  • GamesdayGamesday
    Reactions: 870
    edited June 2017
    you need to unique some of your gear, the permanent ones like your badge and off hand / SS ring / Reboot ring / and get the new unity ring which is another SS ring, cause I have a lvl 179 with a few uniques like 3 lol and his range is almost 400k.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Um i don't think u lose Exp from dieing.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2017
    If dying is a problem, get the potential "+1 second invincibility duration when attacked" on a epic or above tier overall/top to give yourself more leeway hitting the potion button, should be easy now that occult cubes come from monster collection really easily.

You are at a point where you should be able to eventually hit lv 200 in a month if you kill normal mode Horntail and do Commerci trade voyage everyday (both give large amount of exp).

Though there is no reason why it should take you 20 second per kill as a naked Zero at the same level would be able to kill monster near their level in 10 seconds.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    Lilyflower wrote: »

you do lose exp from dieing, you don't however lose exp from death to most bosses, if you're not losing exp from death by normal mobs, then you have lots of safety charms.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

you do lose exp from dieing, you don't however lose exp from death to most bosses, if you're not losing exp from death by normal mobs, then you have lots of safety charms.
    hmm... maybe because I have lots of safety charms or my defense is quite high after all Defense is important when it comes to surviving.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited June 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

hmm... maybe because I have lots of safety charms or my defense is quite high after all Defense is important when it comes to surviving.

yea, but you would still lose exp if you died from normal mobs even if you had high defense, safety charms are the only thing that prevent any exp loss