[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Whats up with the exp share in party?

GlaskuzuneGlaskuzune
Reactions: 100
edited June 2017 in General Chat
So my girlfriend and I made new characters and are trying to train with each other but the mobs wont give one of us or both of us the party exp. For example, I am lvl 86 and she is 88; we dont get exp from the other person killing the sandrats. However, when we go to roids, I get exp from her killing but she will not get exp from my kills. Anyone know whats up?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    The only recent change I know of is that you no longer get any shared exp if you are not "in combat", meaning actively attacking. Which means that if you tested by "you stand still, I'll kill, tell me if you get anything" then that's not going to work. But as long as you're both active and you're within 5 levels of each other, you should be getting exp from each other's kills as usual.
  • GlaskuzuneGlaskuzune
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The only recent change I know of is that you no longer get any shared exp if you are not "in combat", meaning actively attacking. Which means that if you tested by "you stand still, I'll kill, tell me if you get anything" then that's not going to work. But as long as you're both active and you're within 5 levels of each other, you should be getting exp from each other's kills as usual.

Cant be that. We are both actively killing.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited June 2017
    As long both players Attack u gain Exp share its also depends on the area you train suppose u get a message saying *50% party play Exp. *
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Could it be because you're more than 5 levels below the roids? Maybe your gf was within 5 levels but you weren't (according to the map, roids are lvl 95 - are you sure the exp you were getting wasn't from you tapping the monsters she was attacking?) Doesn't explain the sand rats though, since you should both be in the right level range.

Was there a higher leveled person in the party with you? I remember that screwing me and a friend up two weeks ago lol. I had my bishop in the party for hs, which apparently makes it so no exp gets shared.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Could it be because you're more than 5 levels below the roids? Maybe your gf was within 5 levels but you weren't (according to the map, roids are lvl 95 - are you sure the exp you were getting wasn't from you tapping the monsters she was attacking?) Doesn't explain the sand rats though, since you should both be in the right level range.

Was there a higher leveled person in the party with you? I remember that screwing me and a friend up two weeks ago lol. I had my bishop in the party for hs, which apparently makes it so no exp gets shared.

Correct. If there are more than 40 levels between the highest and lowest leveled members of the party, then each character only gets exp from monsters they hit.