[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

'Lord of the Deep' stops attacking abruptly

VaelVael
Reactions: 936
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill Error (versus enemies)

When attacking enemies with Buccaneer's Override Skill "Lord of the Deep", if the user does not move, the skill will no longer register any hits on enemies, however every other skill is fully capable of attacking.

Here is a video of me demonstrating such.

Steps to reproduce:
Step 1: Activate "Lord of the Deep"
Step 2: Start hitting an enemy
Step 3: Do not move

Character name: Vaei

Character level: 250

Character job: Buccaneer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 6/25/17 | 10:11 PDT

Comments

• KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited September 2017
    yes im having the same bug , Char name AlucardoSama, World Windia Lvl 210 .
    skill doesnt work well on bosses becuse it stops
  • KurollKuroll
    edited September 2017
    they dont seem to care much.. :( too bad no wonder no one wants to play Buccaner . it seems that the bug is.. instead of 3 second CoolDown that the skill supposed to have. they translated it that after 3 seconds it stops attacking. but no CoolDown. very annoying.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited January 2018
    up the bug is still going on .. after all this time
    Argent
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited January 2018
    It's possible this is an attack limit, I'll forward it anyway to check.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited January 2018
    Okhura wrote: »
    It's possible this is an attack limit, I'll forward it anyway to check.

have you watched the video? , attack limit? nothing about attack limit is written in the skill info, and it isnt like that in kms, also. it happens also on monsters you did not even hit yet. for example if you stand and kill mob and new monsters spawn you dont hit them. maybe its something nexon changed to deal with bots or prevent abuse by bots but its really big deal for us buccs in boss fights and to damage a class that is so unplayed as bucc because bucc gameplay is already really rough game play so many buffs and energy and what not .. its a big deal. thanks and i hope nexon do something about it
    Argent
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Attack limit means that after 100 attacks (or skill casts in general) while standing in the same spot, no more will do damage.
    It's not per skill. (It's also not per enemy, Kuroll).
    So if LotD isn't doing damage but other skills are, then it isn't the attack limit kicking in.
    Kuroll
  • KurollKuroll
    edited January 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Attack limit means that after 100 attacks (or skill casts in general) while standing in the same spot, no more will do damage.
    It's not per skill. (It's also not per enemy, Kuroll).
    So if LotD isn't doing damage but other skills are, then it isn't the attack limit kicking in.

i see, so its still not attack limit, and it is still a bug :) i just hope nexon would fix it, but knowing nexon they wouldnt even care about such a bug especially when bucc/pirates are not even played much so not as many complains. :(