[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

ridiculous amount of botters...

NakamaNakama
Reactions: 810
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Rants and Raves
Its reallllly annoying at this point... I use to enjoy training till now...

every channel i go to, there's some bot using the whole map. I can't complete half of the quest I need to complete because of them! I wish they would fix this already... I mean, I'm no programmer but they should at least put a way for players to get rid of bots!

They just pop up out of no where and slide in and start using the map! I hope we find a way to stop the bots soon...
PinkBeautyLilyflowerFirewolfslayer

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited July 2017
    if its mu lung theres nothing you can do but if its FES than you can always go to FES2 instead of 4
  • NakamaNakama
    Reactions: 810
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    if its mu lung theres nothing you can do but if its FES than you can always go to FES2 instead of 4

It's in Twilight Perion ...
    PinkBeautyFirewolfslayer
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited July 2017
    funny that mulung is already well known as hacking ground :o
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited July 2017
    xCora wrote: »
    funny that mulung is already well known as hacking ground :o
    hmm... interesting.

• xCoraxCora
    edited July 2017
    huch 1 min before maintance and i also get ksed in leafre by a hacker they are spreading guys....
  • PinkBeautyPinkBeauty
    Reactions: 305
    edited July 2017
    EVERY map in Nameless has a botter now. Some actually have kishin for the botter as well !!!
  • xCoraxCora
    edited July 2017
    its getting even better now they can just change map and you wont be able to find them with /find anymore

(you can still see which channel they are on but they appeare offline when you try to /find them on the same channel)
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited July 2017
    So..... they activate ghost mode to hide themselves.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited July 2017
    Don't think Nexon will be too harsh on the bots... they buy Smegas by the Chinese Junk-load. So banning bots willy-nilly will cut into the profits.
    I know it's "global Maplestory" but I think China still has their own Maplestory, so lets think of blocking Chinese ISPs so that we don't get their gold farmers here.
    Or heck, hire more GMs to patrol known bot infested areas.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Don't think Nexon will be too harsh on the bots... they buy Smegas by the Chinese Junk-load. So banning bots willy-nilly will cut into the profits.
    I know it's "global Maplestory" but I think China still has their own Maplestory, so lets think of blocking Chinese ISPs so that we don't get their gold farmers here.
    Or heck, hire more GMs to patrol known bot infested areas.

That's really not the way to think things are. Sure a company is in it for profits but to claim Nexon's intentions are to leave botters alone because they buy smegas is a wild accusation.

Botters aren't detected by the game security because of the mechanics of the classes that are common to botters. It has nothing to do with Nexon and profits. The GMs would need concrete evidence that implicates before they can take action. For that they have to investigate
  • KaisuiKaisui
    Reactions: 630
    edited July 2017
    Regardless they won't do anything about these amount of bots. I've tried reporting as well. They gave a poor response. Getting annoyed with them in the same area as you in Twilight Perion. They are appearing in Arcane River also lvl 200+ It's unavoidable until we change channels and get our stuff done.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited July 2017
    Kaisui wrote: »
    Regardless they won't do anything about these amount of bots. I've tried reporting as well. They gave a poor response. Getting annoyed with them in the same area as you in Twilight Perion. They are appearing in Arcane River also lvl 200+ It's unavoidable until we change channels and get our stuff done.
    report system is broken that's why nothing happened when a player reports and there is no gm so it's useless.

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited July 2017
    That's really not the way to think things are. Sure a company is in it for profits but to claim Nexon's intentions are to leave botters alone because they buy smegas is a wild accusation.

Botters aren't detected by the game security because of the mechanics of the classes that are common to botters. It has nothing to do with Nexon and profits. The GMs would need concrete evidence that implicates before they can take action. For that they have to investigate

Not sure how much evidence Nexon needs to see hacker in action... Screenshots, Videos, Livestreaming... The issue is that I think Nexon only has 2 GMs per world (it seems that way to me) and doesn't budget more money into hiring more GMs to freely patrol between tickets. What I'd love to see is Nexon having some program that triggers on any name that looks like random letters and numbers. This way they can send a GM to watch them and ban if they start hacking.