[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Sound is not working in the strangest of ways.

DelvonshiDelvonshi
Reactions: 105
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
My BGM works if I turn it on. Any other sound however does not. I've reinstalled and all that and made sure nothing is muted (I can hear bgm's after all). What is really wierd though is very specific sounds come through. No voices come through, HOWEVER Xenon's voice is completely fine.. I hear no hit markers but he'll say his phrases. My level 200 Hayato has no sound either but.. his 5th job skill Battoujutsu Zankou has both voice AND hit sound. I am at a complete loss as to what is going on at this point.

A note of things I've tried
1. Reinstalling the game twice.
2. Repairing the game several times.
3. Running both the launcher and game in admin mode.
4. Adjusting my headphones into different stereo and surround sound modes.
5. Adjusted volumes, muted/unmuted various sound options in the client.

Edit: I am using standard Nexon client and not Steam.

Further testing reveals that Luminous voice works as well. All of Jett's "new skills" also work and have hit indicators but the copy and paste skills *FMA* have no sound or hit sounds. So strange.

Comments

• ShadowgooseShadowgoose
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2017
    Yeah the same thing happened to me except I do not have an skill sounds or character noises from any of my characters. The only sounds that work are BGM and the sound from when i level up.
  • DelvonshiDelvonshi
    Reactions: 105
    edited July 2017
    So, I've shutdown multiple times in the past and used your command this last time. No dice sadly.

Further updates on what I've tried/discovered
    - Luminous voice works
    - I have a G430 headset with appropriate software. (I've tinkered with every setting therein to no avail.)
    - Computer is actually registering all sound in the volume mixer. It also lowers volume on videos and other sound related things when skills are going off in maplestory (As it is supposed to).
    - I have installed (And after an interesting process changed my nexon email to match my steam email... due to it autochoosing my steam account email) steam's maplestory. No change there. Figured it might work and was a long shot but oh well.
    - I have enabled and disabled every sound channel and device on the computer to test. Only the one I use will even play BGM's let alone other sounds.
    - I tried every sample rate available in case maple didn't support 48k.

Wish I had more to give you but I honestly have no idea what is going on.