[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hack detection...

BouncingFrogBouncingFrog
Reactions: 300
edited July 2017 in Rants and Raves
As the title so kindly tells you, hack detection. What an utter piece of garbage it is. I'd love it if the people who are sitting at common maps with their Blaze Wizards were banned due to it, but for me it is only a nuisance. As things are right now, I can't defeat the boss Shao due to the hack detection. Thankfully the reward isn't great, so it's not like I'm missing out on much, but it's the simple fact that I can't even defeat the boss due to a "hacking detected" message popping up during the instakill phase of that boss. Only there.
I was thrown out of the game temporarily earlier this week at the same place, same thing happening. I also want to add that I've searched through my PC for various malware, viruses and so on, completely clean. Besides, I don't download stuff from third parties, so the risk of me getting such things to begin with is fairly low. I've also tried reinstalling the game, and the same thing keeps happening, at the same damn place.

I wish Nexon would fix their ****. Sadly, even if we complain to Nexon America/Europe, I'm pretty sure they can't do much about it, as it's a South Korean developer/publisher. Even then, you'd think the players in South Korea would have the same issues.

Do you have any experience of this or something similar happening? I thankfully only get it at Shao and once in a blue moon somewhere else.
  1. Do you ever sometimes problems with false positive hack detection?12 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (9 votes)
    2. No
       25% (3 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    I only ever have issues during: 2x and anytime I have 30 second or longer lag spikes
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited July 2017
    do you button smash or hold for repeated hits?
    I've only been 'HackDetected' when I was hitting attack repeatedly, which makes MesotronX a dangerous toy for me.... fricking Nexon making that skill expire in your window in 1-2 minutes after learning and after you use it once, the death knell is 20 seconds after learning.
    But if you rapidtap your attacks try holding for effect.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    When i first started playing I dont know when but some npc called Maple Administrator somehow found a "cheating program" on my computer lmao
  • BouncingFrogBouncingFrog
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    do you button smash or hold for repeated hits?
    I've only been 'HackDetected' when I was hitting attack repeatedly, which makes MesotronX a dangerous toy for me.... fricking Nexon making that skill expire in your window in 1-2 minutes after learning and after you use it once, the death knell is 20 seconds after learning.
    But if you rapidtap your attacks try holding for effect.

I usually hold for attacks, I only tap when necessary. Movement abilities and such. The odd thing is that it happens consistently in that fight, and I can replicate it any amount of times if necessary. Even if I don't use movement abilities to avoid being killed and only use the mechanics on the map, it keeps happening. I'm pretty sure the fight is broken somehow, it's likely that a patch broke it, but that's why I've written about it in the forums to see if others have the same issue. Apparently people have gotten false positives, although none have specifically mentioned a map that it happens in. The only thing we can be sure of is that the anti-cheat system is broken. Especially considering that we see the hacking bots all over the place, and they seem to survive for a long time.
  • FirewolfslayerFirewolfslayer
    Reactions: 610
    edited August 2017
    Sometimes when I'm playing then they do maintenance it kicks me out and says that I'm using an illegal IP address that I'm hacking and that they're doing maintenance I mean seriously really!?