[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon launcher won't open

Comments

• 2xerozs2xerozs
    I'm having the same problem.It just says updating nexon launcher...
  • DamonpDamonp
    Reactions: 200
    I can't even open the launcher, just like the first few posts. I thought I might be able to if I had the game downloaded beforehand (like through a backdoor) but I didn't want to get the files from a site not affiliated with Nexon, just in case. My computer's running XP with service pack 3, simply because I don't have the money for a better computer...
  • thefatpineapplethefatpineapple
    Reactions: 100
    I had a problem, but i figured out that it was running in the background so I clicked the quick access arrow in the bottom right on window 10. Really weird how it does not show in task manager though.
  • AcergyAcergy
    Yeah im having a same problem before the loading appeared but it didnt open but now.. nothing is appearing, its so confusing
  • AcergyAcergy
    I think i just found the fix, when i reinstalled in a diffrent file area nexon finally opened
  • Pray4UrLife3Pray4UrLife3
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 2020
    My issue was the same. I would click to launch nexon client or maplestory but nothing would happen. Restarting computer and running as administrator did not help. I tried to run msconfig as administrator and unchecking processes that were not microsoft related but that did not help. I was about to reinstall client until I finally found this link https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6508lj/to_those_who_got_maplestory_issues_with_windows_10/ and it worked like a charm.

Open Nexon folder -> Library folder -> Maplestory Folder -> appdata folder

Right click on Maplestory.exe client

Go to Properties

Then go to Compatibility tab

Inside that go to Compatibility Mode

Tick the box, and make sure it's in Windows 7

Repeat this to any other clients in the Folder, like (GameLauncher.exe)

I set those two to windows 7 and my client started right up. I have windows 10 but launcher was set to windows 8 instead of windows 7 like the others in the folder. There is no option for Windows 10 so select windows 7. I hope this helps you all out!
  • KhromatikKhromatik
    Reactions: 400
    edited April 2020
    If anyone is still having this issue, locate the folder in which you installed the Nexon Launcher (it automatically labels the parent folder as "Nexon Launcher"). Delete the "bin" and "patch" folders and restart the Nexon Launcher application. It will update and hopefully should work after that. Found the solution in an old Reddit post here