[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher force to download&reinstall x3 time

JulyJuly
Reactions: 2,720
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
Bug type: I don't know how to categorize this type of issue with Nexon Launcher.

Brief bug summary: Nexon Launcher force to download&reinstall, even if the game already installed.

More details: I have this game installed twice already here: C:\Nexon\MapleStory
And here: C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata

The Nexon folder size on disk is already 41 GB !!

Today i open Nexon Launcher and again... its downloading 9.80 GB !! what is going on with your program?

Steps to reproduce: I don't know... i just opened the launcher in a new sunny day and it happened.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    make sure the location of dl in settings is the exact location folder where nexon files are, mine is G drive nexon maplestory and appdata.

do that then log out then relog into nexon launcher, click dl and itll verify your files first, if you set the exact location itll just be a few minutes but not dl the whole game.

https://ibb.co/frDVZa
  • JulyJuly
    edited July 2017
    make sure the location of dl in settings is the exact location folder where nexon files are, mine is G drive nexon maplestory and appdata.

do that then log out then relog into nexon launcher, click dl and itll verify your files first, if you set the exact location itll just be a few minutes but not dl the whole game.

Its C:\Nexon\Library
    and like i said, its installed there already.. i haven't changed Nexon Launcher settings at all.
    edited July 2017
    July wrote: »

and like i said, its installed there already.. i haven't changed Nexon Launcher settings at all.

change it to the point that it says appdata. It has to locate maplestory folder

so yours would go past library something like C:\Nexon\Library\Maplestory\appdata

yeah it's installed, but what im getting to is that when you relog into launcher, and you press download/update, itll just verify files. it wont download it
  • JulyJuly
    edited July 2017

so yours would go past library something like C:\Nexon\Library\Maplestory\appdata

yeah it's installed, but what im getting to is that when you relog into launcher, and you press download/update, itll just verify files. it wont download it

i did it and still need to download it again

edit:
    it downloaded and installed it in exact same location it was before, C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata

something is broken with this software.
    edited July 2017

i did it and still need to download it again

edit:
    it downloaded and installed it in exact same location it was before, C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata

something is broken with this software.

Yeah, it happened on a separate occasion before and support just said "sorry about that" so theres nothing that can be done if those methods didnt work.

What worked for me yesterday was I manually updated combat arms and then maplestory auto verified that I had the files already.

edited July 2017
    Another thing ive noticed is if you pressed update and then cancel it, the maplestory files become corrupted. So having a back up nexon folder thats up to date would be ideal.
  • JulyJuly
    edited July 2017
    Another thing ive noticed is if you pressed update and then cancel it, the maplestory files become corrupted. So having a back up nexon folder thats up to date would be ideal.

I want nexon folder to be 9.8GB and not 38GB as it is now.. uninstall and delete everything won't help because sadly this will keep happening.. also, this really annoy to wait for it to download 9.8GB every time..

Thanks anyway for trying to help me
    edited July 2017

I want nexon folder to be 9.8GB and not 38GB as it is now.. uninstall and delete everything won't help because sadly this will keep happening.. also, this really annoy to wait for it to download 9.8GB every time..

Thanks anyway for trying to help me

Yeah, I completely agree. What I suggest now is if you do download it again after deleting the nexon files, make a second copy to an external hard drive or flash drive, in case this happens again.

last thing you can do is check where you have your files and see if theres any empty maplestory files there (like say you pressed dl then canceled) new files were created, delete those if there are any and try relogging into launcher and press update. other than that, youll have to redownload the game, which i then suggest deleting the current files.

if you need anything else you can message me
  • LitoLoliLitoLoli
    Reactions: 320
    edited July 2017
    Having this problem as well and have tried changing the path (tried various locations, including the original C:\Nexon\Library, C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata, the new place the files downloaded to in the Program Files x86 folder, and pretty much every variant/level of those locations). I also tried a method mentioned on the subreddit about pausing the download at 1% and then copying the old files over to the new location, plus reinstalling when everything failed.

Now all I'm getting is: Press Play -> Button turns grey with circle and message saying "Currently in-game" -> After a few seconds buttons turns orange again as "Play".
    When I check Task Manager, MapleStory is not running anywhere.
    edited July 2017
    LitoLoli wrote: »
    Having this problem as well and have tried changing the path (tried various locations, including the original C:\Nexon\Library, C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata, the new place the files downloaded to in the Program Files x86 folder, and pretty much every variant/level of those locations). I also tried a method mentioned on the subreddit about pausing the download at 1% and then copying the old files over to the new location, plus reinstalling when everything failed.

Now all I'm getting is: Press Play -> Button turns grey with circle and message saying "Currently in-game" -> After a few seconds buttons turns orange again as "Play".
    When I check Task Manager, MapleStory is not running anywhere.

the play button thing happens to me too, but it works after the second try or 3rd.