[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Combine the all the regular worlds into 1 world.

Comments

• TransformingThunderTransformingThunder
    Reactions: 1,620
    edited July 2017
    ba4e1536d51042838345b1bb641f5015.png
    Players from steam charts alone, I think Dark Passenger would be correct on the .1% thing,

I would also agree on a few points
    *Most importantly that GRAZED is not merged, it's an alliance
    *That I server merging isn't necessarily a fix to maple's problem, if people are going to quit regardless if it isn't of a decreasing player base it's going to be of poorly implemented events/balances/fixes/server instability, I who have has played KMS can also say that the optimization/stability seems 1000% better lol

The true merging of servers could cause things such as
    *server instability (yes even more than there is rn)
    *merging f*ck ups, like what happened when they let everyone server transfer a single character years back
    etc.
    DarkPassenger
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    I am personally heavily against the idea of Luna-esque world merging. Such an act would take away from other development, as well as resetting various areas of player data similarly to Luna (Friends, Wedding/Friendship Rings, etc.). What bothers me the most is forcing players to decide which 2+ characters they must delete just to regain a single slot. This all seems incredibly unfair to me, and I'd rather not subject any of you to it.

However, I will say that alliances aren't as prominently established toward players as I'd like, and I'd be more for more alliances that are better defined. Most simplistically would be highlighted blocks around groups of allied worlds, but anything to elaborate their grouping at-a-glance.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    I like Deadethos the way it is. It doesn't take long to browse the entire FM and it's not that hard to find a training spot during 2x.

I know that a lot of people want more active servers and what not but casual players like me exist too. Several people in my BL and even our guild are like this. All you see is "hi" or "grats" and very little conversation. It's not because we hate socializing or each other but most of us have very stressful jobs/school stuff that at the end of the day, we just want to relax with some mindless grinding or fully immerse ourselves in new content.

That said, I think the best compromise here would be to make 4 GMS servers.
    Reboot - can't merge that w/ non reboot obviously
    Scania - this will most likely never be merged with any other world given the population.
    Active (and Active and
    Casual
    All the other accounts in all the other non reboot/scania worlds can then choose which server to play in. It's a lot harder to do but it's a lot more fair for people who prefer not to be bombarded with useless smegas, ks'ed out of maps, disconnect several times from the massive influx of players logging in etc.

The problem with this will always be migration. I think it's the reason the merges weren't "actual" merges. It's extremely difficult to mix data (most would have duplicates) from one world to another. It's way easier to keep the current log in path and just redirect them to the same end server than it is to switch log ins. I assume this is why migration events are few and far between and why the EMS migration took a while.

So I hope if you guys get to have a choice in going the active route, I hope we get to have a choice as well. Tbh, if there's a "DEAD" server option, I'll probably be the first to sign up and highly likely find the same set of people there.

My sentiments exactly.

I like MYBCKN. I like not lagging, I like not suffering too much smega/gach/pssb spam, I like being able to find a training map (and a good burning one at that) whenever I need one.
    And no, I don't want to play solo. I have guild, alliance, and buddies to chat with and PQ with. And the FM and AH are enough for me to sell what I want and buy what I need - though I admit I don't sell or buy anything particularly rare or special.

I like the peace and quiet and, yes, even the community of a small town. Don't force me into the hectic city, please.

Also, I don't think that merging all the servers would bring players back. It screams, "The game is dead! The last few survivors are huddling together on this tiny island, waiting for the inevitable. Stay away if you know what's good for you."

I do think we should have a generous server transfer event (where you can transfer all your characters if you so desire), though, so people who do like crowds can move there. No sense forcing people to stay where they're not happy.
    PirateIzzyIvangold
  • NihilisticNyxNihilisticNyx
    Reactions: 615
    edited July 2017
    Assuming that all the servers with Scania being the outlier having Free Markets that are not completely full from FM 6 and below, and if we assume these worlds have reasonably active Auction Houses; then, a complete merge would be unnecessary in hindsight unless we received an increase in the amount of channels available. However, at this point of time, we definitely do need merges; and I'm reluctant to say this, but I'm going to have to put my trust into Nexon's possible decision to merge the ideal amount of worlds together.

How would the community feel about three to four main worlds instead of one completely united world? This is simply a number I picked which seemed reasonable but feel free to reduce the number of worlds or add onto them if you feel it would be too overcrowded or the reverse.

Keep in mind, it is summer right now, and our worlds ( Scania doesn't count and correct me if your world is full to the brim ) are quite dead still which means when school starts in the fall. We can expect a drastic reduction in our active player population.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I am against merging the allied worlds, if only because I'd really rather not have to remake my guild, alliance, and buddy list.
    Other people would also lose characters, items in storage, and possibly other things (some pets in EMS lost all their skills, for example. I don't know if it was due to the migration or the world merge).

I agree that alliances can be confusing, and I think that something should be done to clean up the world/channel select screen.
    Possible solutions for the world selection screen clutter:

1. The server select screen will be more dynamic, and show only those worlds in which you have characters, and Primary worlds (Singleton worlds and the oldest world of each alliance) in which you don't have characters.
    This means that new players will only see, and be able to make characters, in the primary world of each alliance, but older players with existing characters will still be able to access them all.

2. The server select screen will include a single button for each alliance. When pressing it, a submenu will appear asking to choose a world in the alliance.
    For this to not be too tedious, the "change character" button should be brought back, and take one to the character selection screen (instead of the server/channel selection as happens now). It would also be nice if the game remembered the last world you played in, and allowed pressing "Enter" on the server select to get there without hunting (Direct launch did that).

3. As MegaScience suggested, and probably the simplest solution: put some kind of frame around allied worlds to clarify that they are "the same world" in some sense.
    KerBansot
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2017
    I think people are forgetting the big elephant in the room that the game as a whole is on the decline. Even big servers like scania are continually losing population. So a server merger will just delay the inevitable.

Seems like reboot is the only server maintaining it's numbers. Nexon should start looking at the success of reboot and think how it could be a model for the games' future. Perhaps there could be a big bang 2. And why shouldn't there be? More and more games are de-emphasizing raw p2w (CS:GO, dota 2, league) and it's thus generating numbers. At this rate the game will just be all reboot in a matter of a few years until nexon starts to look at the trends and rework the game fully.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    I think people are forgetting the big elephant in the room that the game as a whole is on the decline. Even big servers like scania are continually losing population. So a server merger will just delay the inevitable.

Seems like reboot is the only server maintaining it's numbers. Nexon should start looking at the success of reboot and think how it could be a model for the games' future. Perhaps there could be a big bang 2. And why shouldn't there be? More and more games are de-emphasizing raw p2w (CS:GO, dota 2, league) and it's thus generating numbers. At this rate the game will just be all reboot in a matter of a few years until nexon starts to look at the trends and rework the game fully.

We dont exactly know what theyre seeing in their big picture. On average maplestory does get new players that come from WoW or other games, but they play in reboot. Regardless of the world, Maplestory still gets new players. What Nexon did well was merge the nx system throughout all their games. So, because people spend less on maplestory doesnt mean Nexon loses profits. But as of 2015 Maplestory is amongst the top 10 most profitable.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Quite honestly, what may cause more people to quit would be the technical issues.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2017
    why not just give us a world transfer event and let people transfer at will. not by force
    NihilisticNyx
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited July 2017
    I'd rather they just merge the FMs and PQ entry maps.
    Klara
  • NihilisticNyxNihilisticNyx
    Reactions: 615
    edited July 2017
    I wasn't aware of the difference between a merge and an alliance between worlds, so I'll happily admit that I am a hypocrite and disagree with merges in my previous two posts; however, I'm still in agreement for lots of alliances between worlds or being able to move to Scania with a world transfer. If a player wants to stay in a dead world then by all means stay there, but I want to go to the most active one.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Cons

-More competition over resources (Boss channels)
    -Free Market will be filled up
    -Character limit confusion
    -Legion Limit confusion
    -Harder to find hunting grounds
    -Not enough channels

They could easily rectify boss channels (For instance adding more channels like KMS did)
    Free market being filled isn't a negative.... more people= better economy
    Hard to find hunting grounds can be rectified by adding of more channels
    not enough channels- they can actually expand them like they did in KMS

The only negatives are confusion over characters and legion

In my opinion I would like to see all server merged in 1 world and then they release cross world pq revamp then ,make pqs the best way to level then there would be no issues and the game would be more fun.

I hate how empty grazed is these days I just hate it, that's why I've been playing on Reboot on the side....
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2017
    I'm all for proper merges under 2 conditions.

1. No characters are deleted. What's the harm in letting someone have 200 characters on one server? Oh no they're going to take advantage of free login gifts. The horror. The only worthwhile free stuff is once per account anyway.

2. The number of channels would need to be at least quadrupled. The game doesn't have to feel like a bustling city to have the player base fully connected.

If either of these can't be achieved then it's not worth doing. It'll only cause more harm.
  • YuYzYuYz
    Reactions: 475
    edited July 2017
    RayKuda wrote: »
    I'd rather they just merge the FMs and PQ entry maps.

I dont think it is possible
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited July 2017
    I think that Reboot and Scania should be left untouched, those two servers have a good amount of players. I never see the bars down to the levels of a world like Galacia etc. I think Bera and Broa should be combined. I also think that the least popular worlds should be combined as well; not to the point where its overpopulated like reboot, but enough so that its near Scania level. In my opinion, Scania is the perfect world in terms of population levels. Not to high not to low. The rest of the worlds would benefit from this.
  • krskkrsk
    Reactions: 2,980
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I would really love to see a server merge. If not all servers minus reboot into 1 server, than at least all into 2. A big draw of any online game is the community atmosphere, and in most "dead" servers, there is no community. All these wonderful "better maple" improvements are nice, but without people to populate the servers, after you do your dailies there's little reason to play. It just becomes boring. When we had star planet, we at least had a place to go hang out. Server transfer won't fix the issue either as it will just leave dead servers even more dead. A merge is greatly needed and long over due.
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I for one would love a merge worlds again because in the world i am in MYBCKN You hardly see anyone, there is hardly anyone in the Free market these days due to the auction house now. i am sitting in room 4 of free market and far out! few months back i could be sitting in room 8 or 13! and now you only see 1 in room 7 and the 1-4 is packed out but after that you don't see any stalls open. I've been looking for a dex% neb for a few days now and can't find neb's like we could a few months ago.

Maybe server merge would be the way! Not only that i miss the whole PQ ( I know they nerfed the PQ area) and when i need to level i have to go to maps, where is the communication with players to be able to form friendship??
    krsk