[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Swap Shade's link skill with it's revive skill

pepepepe
Reactions: 2,125
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Shade's current link skill gives 10% chance to survive a fatal attack, which is a decent link to have if you're bossing a lot but an RNG is an RNG and if you've ever clean slated something you know 10% is too low a probability (only really useful for high death counters like magnus). But shade has a third job skill that prevents you dying from a fatal attack (30 min cd) and most the time as a shade, I rely on this skill to save me.

How about making the 100% revive skill as a link skill instead of the 10% chance skill? I find this a more useful configuration than having the RNG as a link skill. But what do you think?
  1. Which link skill would you prefer?9 votes
    1. 10% chance to revive as the link skill (current)
       56% (5 votes)
    2. 100% chance to revive with 30 minute cooldown as the link skill
       44% (4 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    I actually love the shade Link skill...saved my skin in HMag twice...allowed us to clear.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I actually love the shade Link skill...saved my skin in HMag twice...allowed us to clear.

being saved in magnus is nothing considering you get 10 lives, which is what the op said (I got saved multiple times in it)

But other than that it's not really as useful as it's made to be. It hasn't saved me when I really needed it but other people will say otherwise so I guess anecdotes are not a strong argument. But having it 100% allows you to plan boss fights ahead of time so that to me is more useful than a low rng, though I think that revive skills like shades should be toggleable since it will give more control over a characters fate (there are times when I wanna die instead).
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited July 2017
    I think the current one is actually best. If we are to compare by expected values, the 10% link skill should save you 1 life for every 10 deaths. For any boss with a death count of 10 or higher, you're pretty much getting the same thing. The 100% extra life effect being a 30 minute cooldown implies you're only gonna get it once for the entire bossfight.

Furthermore, 1 extra life in a bossfight (via the 30 minute cooldown) is usually not going to make the difference whether you clear or not. Yeah, it can, but in the long run it really won't make that much of a difference. Now, if you have a lucky run and the 10% saves you 3 times, that's HUGE. Especially in end-game bosses. Even if you go a few bosses without your shade link proccing once, if it happens to then proc 3 times in 1 Lucid fight, it can literally make the difference whether you clear or not. I would much rather have a chance at 3 extra lives than 1 guaranteed extra life per bossfight (as the 1 life won't make a difference but the 3 lives will).
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited July 2017
    Keep in mind that the 10% on that skill is in exchange for zero cooldown, so it's give-and-take.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    a lot of classes also have Revive skills already. Night Walker, Blaze Wizard, Dark Knight, Beast Tamer (Bear Mode)...to name a few.