[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing

KimekariKimekari
Reactions: 500
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
I am referring to forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/10887/run-time-error/p1 which is still happening to me since early march (I believe it was 3rd march, can't remember). And due to this, I can't play at all. I reinstalled and nothing seems to work.
My system is window 8.1 (64-bit).
(i) I had tried installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 just what the technical support admin suggested & it was failed,
due to unspecified error: 0x80240017
(ii) so I was looking for the solutions of this 0x80240017 error and found out that I need to install Windows 8.1 Update for x64-based Systems (KB2919355) & another problem popped out: window update standalone installer error stating the update is not applicable to my computer.
and ya, I had stuck there since march, RIP me.
I also searched how to fix this so-called "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing" and told to install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (64-bit) & as usual, it gave me unspecified error: 0x80240017 crap again and this just cycles back to (i) & (ii).
how to fix all these bullcraps...