[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Non-Leeching Perma Beginner Class Guide

ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
Reactions: 415
edited July 20 in Game Guides
So you wanna make a Perma Beginner class the non-leech way, eh? Alrighty then! Strap yourself in for a bumpy ride on the rollercoaster that is Perma Beginner! This guide will provide much insight into how I develop the growth of Perma Beginners. It includes an equipment list that's focused mainly on functionality than looks (or both whichever way you look at it).

Beginner

The Beginner class in the Explorer tree is the most basic out of the four starters. You get to pick between two out of the three skills given to it from the start. You have the classic Snail Shell attack that's used for luring monsters closer to you, a small heal over time ability, and a Movement Speed boost. The two you want to pick are the Snail Shell attack and the Movement Speed boost, you can get around the HP restoration issues with many other solutions.

Citizen

The Beginner class of the Resistance tree is known as Citizen. It is a slight step up from Explorer Beginner. The three abilities this class provides are a Crystal Throw that's similar to the Snail Shell attack, increased percentages of HP/MP restoration items, and a Movement Speed boost that also prevents enemy collision. Lucky for you, you're able to distribute SP into all three evenly.

Noblesse

The Beginner class of the Cygnus Knights is known as Noblesse. For a good many years, Noblesse were about neck and neck with Explorer Beginners in that they had the same three abilities to choose from. Since 2013, Cygnus Knights had undergone a reboot. This, in turn, ditched the copied abilities of the Explorer Beginners and exchanged them for two auto-picked abilities. You get a multi-hit attack that doesn't require mana to use and a double jump that's also capable of propelling you up into the air (jump, up+jump).

Legend

(Yes, it is STILL possible to make a Legend. After completing the first five drills, Lilin leaves your side and stops pestering you to complete the Aran pre-quests by the time you reach level 5, after which you just need 80 mesos to get off the island to depart for Victoria Island.)

The base form of Aran, Legend is the only Beginner that's available through one class. Much like the Beginner in the Explorer tree, Legend has access to two out of the three skills that the Explorer Beginner has. The only difference is you also have a free Dash/Double Jump.
(Here's a fun little trick you can do with the Dash. Set it as a hot-keyed skill. Next, use the hot-keyed Dash and in mid-speed, press the jump button to send your character a greater distance than you would with the double jump).

(Side note "Little Time Saver": if you have quests that require lots of kills, return when your character is about to level up. A blast of energy will burst out from your character upon leveling up, destroying close to everything around you, instantly).
AP Distribution

Some people are on the fence when it comes to investing AP into either HP-based or STR-based. The difference is in the kind of gameplay you want to be experiencing. HP-based Beginners are known to have some extra HP but lack damage and defense while STR-based Beginners are short on HP but pack some damage and incremental defense increases.
Potentials
In the mid-game, you want to prioritize HP/ATK/STR% (in that order).
By the time you reach end-game, the priority then shifts to ATK/STR/HP%. HP% slightly becomes less important due to equipment sets giving plenty of HP% all around. (Optional: your weapon should also have a summonable mob-like Soul).
Equipment/Locations (This list does not include event equipment)

Sex Specific Armor (Currently Available)
(Side Note: Until Nexon decides to bring back the Pendergast (Haunted) Mansion, you will not be able to upgrade Stirgeman equips to their next stages).

Males

The hats you can get are for level 75 Black/Red/Green/Blue M-Force Helmets (Omega Sector, quest line). The tops you can get are for level 11 Blue One-lined T-Shirt/Orange Sporty T-Shirt (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant). The bottoms are levels 5 Capris, level 11 Grey Think Sweat Pants (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant), level 20 Stirgeman Pants (New Leaf City, Item Exchange with ~1 Nightshadow/Windraider Badges), level 26 Warfare Pants (Henesys, Armor Merchant/Edelstein, Armor Merchant), and level 90 Mk II Stirgeman Power Pants (New Leaf City, I.AM.ROBOT). The overalls are level 0 Blue/Brown/Red/White (Amoria, Vivian Boutique), level 20 Bathrobe for Men (M) (Showa Town, Sauna Lobby), level 30 Blue Sauna Robe (M) (Sleepywood, Mr. Wetbottom's Secret Book quest line), and level 75 Black/Red/Green/Blue M-Force Suit (Omega Sector, quest line).

Females

The hats you can get are for level 75 Black/Yellow/Pink M-Force Helmet (Omega Sector, quest line). The top you can get is for levels 11 Pink-Starry Shirt/Red Striped T-Shirt (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant). The bottom is a level 20 Stirgeman Skirt (New Leaf City, Item Exchange with ~1 Nightshadow/Windraider Badges). The overalls are level 0 Blue/Pink/Red/White Bridesmaid's Dress (F) (Amoria, Vivian Boutique), level 20 Bathrobe for Women (F) (Showa Town, Sauna Lobby), level 30 Red Sauna Robe (F) (Sleepywood, Mr. Wetbottom's Secret Book quest line), and level 75 Black/Yellow/Pink M-Force Suit (Omega Sector, quest line).

Unisex

Hats

The hats you can get are for level 5 Brown Skullcap, Red/Black/Green/Yellow/Blue Headband, level 8 Black/Blue/Red Swimming Cap, level 10 White Bandana, level 15 Metal Gear (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant), level 15 Old Wisconsin, level 20 Black/Yellow/Brown/Blue/Red Baseball Cap (Henesys, Armor Merchant/Edelstein, Armor&Weapon Merchant), level 25 Blue/Red/Yellow Starry Bandana (Kerning City, Armor&Weapon Merchant/Edelstein, Armor Merchant), level 30 Miner's Hat (New Leaf City, Item Exchange with ~2 Crimson Hearts), level 50 Zakum Helm (Easy Zakum), level 100 Frozen Hat (Burning Event, Frozen Armor Box), 135 Chaos Black/Pink Bean Hat (Temple of Time, Chaos Pink Bean), 150 Commerci Hat (Commerci, Commerci quest line), and 160 Sweetwater Hat (Commerci, Union Merchant Party Quest).

Capes

The capes you can get are the level 20 Stirgeman Cape (New Leaf City, Item Exchange with ~1 Nightshadow/Windraider Badges), level 30 Oxygen Tank (Aqua Road, Hughes's Weird Invention), level 50 Green Adventurer Cape (El Nath, Hector) level 50 Sirius Cloak (New Leaf City, Item Creation), level 50 El Nathian Cape (New Leaf City, Item Exchange with ~2 Crimson Hearts), level 60 Cloak of Corruption (New Leaf City, Item Exchange with ~2 Crimson Hearts), level 75 Black/Blue/Red Seraph Cape (Sleepywood, Tauromacis&Taurospear/Aqua Road, Bone Fish), level 85 Black/Blue/Green/Purple/Red Giles Cape (Aqua Road, Goby/New Leaf City, Killa Bee), level 95 Blue/Turquoise Musketeer Cape (New Leaf City, Elderwraith/Crimson Guardian), level 100 Frozen Cape (Burning Event, Frozen Armor Box), level 150 Commerci Cape (Commerci, Commerci quest line), and 160 Sweetwater Cape (Commerci, Union Merchant Party Quest).

Overalls

The overalls you can get are the level 100 Frozen Suit (Burning Event, Frozen Armor Box), 135 Chaos Black/Pink Bean Suit (Temple of Time, Chaos Pink Bean), 150 Commerci Suit (Commerci, Commerci quest line), and 160 Sweetwater Suit (Commerci, Union Merchant Party Quest).

Bottoms

The only bottoms that can be worn by both sexes are the level 16 Sandblasted Jeans/Ice Jeans (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant).

Gloves

The gloves you can get are for level 10 Work Gloves (Henesys, Orange Mushroom), level 50 Stormcaster Gloves (New Leaf City, Item Creation), level 90 Mechanical Gloves (Magatia, Keeny's third quest), level 140 Dimension Gloves/High Quality Dimension Gloves (Dimensional Mirror, Dimension Invasion), level 150 Commerci Gloves (Commerci, Commerci quest line), and 160 Sweetwater Gloves (Commerci, Union Merchant Party Quest).

Boots

The boots you can get are for level 0 Leather Sandals, Yellow/Blue/Red Rubber Boots (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant), level 11 White/Black/Smelly Gomushin (Kerning City, Armor Merchant/Edelstein, Armor&Weapon Merchant), level 16 Brown/Green/Bronze Aroa Boots, level 21 Blue/Red/Brown Ankle-strap Sandals (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant) level 26 Red/Orange/Pink/Blue White Bottom Boots, level 31 Blue/Red Sneakers (Henesys, Armor Merchant/Edelstein, Armor&Weapon Merchant), level 50 Facestompers (New Leaf City, Item Creation), level 80 Violet Snowshoes (New Leaf City, Wolf Spider), level 150 Commerci Shoes (Commerci, Commerci quest line), and 160 Sweetwater Shoes (Commerci, Union Merchant Party Quest).

Weapons

The weapons you can get are the level 20 Fish Spear (Perion, Weapon Merchant), level 30 Aluminum Bat (Henesys, Mixed Golem), level 55 Blazing Sword (Orbis, Star Pixies/Jr. Cellion), levels 47 1st Unwelcome Guest Dagger (STR), 67 2nd Unwelcome Guest Dagger (STR), 87 3rd Unwelcome Guest Dagger (STR), 107 Last Unwelcome Guest Dagger (STR) (New Leaf City, Galacto-Drill), level 100 Crimson Arcglaive (New Leaf City, Item Exchange with ~10 Windraider/Stormbreaker/Firebrand/Nightshadow Badges and ~25 Crimson Hearts), and 127 VIP Dagger (STR) (Dimensional Mirror, Alien Party Quest).

Shields/Secondary Weapon

The shields you can get are the level 5 Stolen Fence (Lith Harbor, Armor Merchant), level 10 Pan Lid (Henesys, Orange Mushroom), level 20 Black Phoenix Shield (New Leaf City, Item Creation), and levels 30 Ereve Fragment, level 60 Ereve Idea, level 100 Ereve Brilliance (almost every town, Neville).

Accessories

Curbrock accessories, Ephinia's ring, Aquatic Letter Eye Accessory, Condensed Power Crystal, Silver Blossom Ring, Crystal Ventus Badge, Gold Beach Earrings, Rienne Strait Belt, Mushroom Kingdom Cape, Silent Crusade Rings/Titles, Superior Gollux accessories (ring/earring/belt/pendant), Hieizan quest accessories (ring/shoulder/belt), Sweetwater accessories (face/eye/earring/pendant/belt/shoulder).
Familiars

Familiars are a must when you lack HP and damage. Go overboard and collect a zoo. Sure most of them become obsolete later, but at least you can show off your collection with other people. I for one have almost 5 whole pages full on my level 146 STR-based, non-leech Noblesse.
Training Areas (Try to collect as many Monster Book sets as you can to increase the stats on your Codex)

- From 5-35, you want to go to Pantheon and grind on the Sleepy Grobbler map to the right of Pantheon. They're level 13 and give 34 EXP. The spawn on the map is abundantly full so that if you level up, the blast takes out 10+ enemies at almost any given time.
- From 30 and up, try to participate in as many Sudden Missions as you think you can do. They help a lot.
- From 35-40, you want to go complete the Gold Beach quest line.
- From 40-50, you want to go to Kerning to do all of the quests.
- From 50-60, you want to go complete the Rienne Strait quest line.
- From 60-70, you want to do quests in Perion and Sleepywood.
- From 70-80, you want to do quests in Orbis and El Nath. By this time, you may be able to complete Mushroom Kingdom quests.
- From 80-90, you want to do quests in Aqua Road, Edelstein Mines, and Ariant.
- From 90-100, you want to do quests in Magatia and Ludibrium.
- From 100-112, you want to do quests in Leafre and Elin Forest.
- From 112-140, you want to go to New Leaf City to start up a particular series of quest lines. I created a couple how-tos on my YouTube channel. Just search ChroniusNightmare. The videos you're looking for are Episodes 3, 4, and 1 (in that order). 3 and 4 are for gaining access to an Item Exchange while also receiving items used to navigate through the Crimsonwood area much more effectively. In episode 1, I take advantage of a repeatable quest which gives 1mil EXP per Bosshunter armor piece restored. Think of it this way, you're getting lots of EXP while also making a lot of mesos.
- From 140-145~155, you want to start up Hieizan pre-quests. Look in your light bulb for a quest called Regards, Takeda Shingen. Complete the first two collection quests. When you meet Ayame, be sure to finish Kanna and Hayato first. Leave Ayame for last, she has the best clear and mobility out of the three so you can grind for those 5~15 levels. By this time, you ought to be packing around 30~60k range which is about as much as you could ever need to clear PNAE solo, with time remaining. I suggested 155 for people who can have around that range. You can end at 145 if you're confident you can take on PNAE.
- From 145~155-250, you want to have Surgeon Eye, Blue Ribboned Pig, and Goby familiars. They're used to help speed through the first two rounds of PNAE.
PNAE (Princess No's Alter Ego)
(Crucial side note: after completing an entry, exit out to the main lobby where Princess Sakuno and Ayame are and re-enter after. This will prevent the Burning Field effect from lessening. Entering several times in a row would cause the effect to either lower or disappear entirely, so take advantage of it while there is one.)

PNAE is a bossing dungeon you can enter up to seven times daily to receive a total of 207.2mil EXP. All five maps have Burning Field effect, so it's possible to get 414.4mil EXP. Do you know what's better? 2x coupons/events stack. Normal Amount + max Burning Field + 2x coupon + Cash Shop/Reward Shop 2x coupon + 2x event = 1.036bil EXP.
ANY class can enter it. Don't worry, your character will undergo a transformation during the time you're inside PNAE. You will take the form of the NPC, Ayame. Ayame has a really fun kit of skills at her disposal.
The first stage features Mikagami, who is a re-skinned Dodo. The fight itself demands hits over damage. The second stage features Renka who is a beautiful, silent katana-swinging female and five mobs with different coloured robes. Your goal in this fight is to deal with all five mobs (who have the same gimmick as Mikagami) while fighting Renka. You cannot move onto the next stage until all enemies are eliminated. Also, all fights after the second stage demand damage (meaning no more gimmick). The third stage features Oura Shogun, who is a large male spear-wielder. This guy can be annoying, especially if you're in a corner. He has a tendency to get into a loop where he shoves you to the side, effectively stun-locking you. The fourth stage features Miroku who is a male, dark priest-looking boss. He is super beefy in the HP department. Your goal is to have your back completely against the wall and then immediately trigger the use of the Iron Flower Gun skill by pressing it once. After it's been triggered, mash that skill as fast as you can to deal damage at high speed to completely gut Miroku's health bar. The last stage is against Princess No's Alter Ego. The goal of this fight is to stay out of her reach while using damaging skills on her. If she can't reach you, she disappears and reappears in the air then immediately falls to the ground, dealing half of your HP. You can dodge this ability by simply jumping on the frame where she hits the ground. If you get too close to her, she will give you either a control reversal debuff, a freeze/slow effect, or a damage-over-time ailment (removable with All-Cure potions). The clear time can vary between 45 minutes to over an hour to complete all seven entries.
Mounts (Optional)

There are 6 types of mounts. You have mounts with around 140~150 Movement Speed and nothing else. Moving up from there, you have mounts with 140~190 Movement Speed plus either a Double Jump, Glide, Town Flight, or Soaring bonus. They recently introduced a line of hybrid mounts referred to as Airships. They have a Double Jump and a Rapid Fire attack. When you hold down the Ctrl key, the mount fires a small light orb of energy every half a second. Another interesting thing to note about Airships is that when you're sitting in one spot while holding the Ctrl key, the damage doesn't dissipate. You could literally walk away from the game while the Ctrl key is being held down and come back to find that the orbs are still dealing damage.
At 120, a quest will become available in the light bulb icon to the left of your screen. The quest involves collecting items and requires 50mil mesos in order to obtain the Soaring ability.
Ivangold

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 22,750
    edited July 18
    This is awesome.
    Most people think leeching is the only way to level a beginner. I'm glad to see that's not so.

What level is your highest-level no-leech beginner?
    ChroniusNightmare
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    edited July 20
    My first attempt at a perm Beginner was a little after pre-bb when familiars, medals, and anything that would help me was abundantly available. I pampered it with fused equips to enhance its HP all the while researching where to find the next highest level common equipment. I have to admit, perm Beginners have a wider range of optimization than before.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 2,435
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 18
    Really nice guide! It's making me miss my permanent beginner :(
    ChroniusNightmare
    edited July 20
    I suggest checking out this video on YouTube to get an idea of how to clear PNAE. MapleStory (GMS) How to clear Princess No's Alter Ego the fastest
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 1,135
    edited July 18
    Wait, any Beginner can wear Ereve Brillance sub? o-0 And as weapon, if you are lucky to get any of these from event, I would recommend getting Purple Surfboard as it's a Pole Arm at Fast Speed, plus higher weapon multiplier and also 95 w.att clean. Also I didn't remember Crimson Arcglaive can be used by any class.

I have no beginner btw.
    edited July 18
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Wait, any Beginner can wear Ereve Brillance sub? o-0 And as weapon, if you are lucky to get any of these from event, I would recommend getting Purple Surfboard as it's a Pole Arm at Fast Speed, plus higher weapon multiplier and also 95 w.att clean. Also I didn't remember Crimson Arcglaive can be used by any class.

I have no beginner btw.

That is correct, all four Beginners can wear Ereve Brilliance as a sub weapon. As for event equipment, I was trying to address other alternatives when events are not available(even though I included the Frozen Set), but I appreciate that tidbit of information.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited July 18
    Do you know if the Cygnus Knight sub weapons would stay on the character if they advanced to first job from beginner. Not that they're any better than the equips jobbed explorers can equip, I'm just curious.
    edited July 18
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Do you know if the Cygnus Knight sub weapons would stay on the character if they advanced to first job from beginner. Not that they're any better than the equips jobbed explorers can equip, I'm just curious.

The item would stay on the character, but the slot would turn red due to the class not being able to recognize it and in turn deactivates the effects of the item. The slot reverts back to normal when you unequip the sub weapon. The same can be said about the additional pendant slot when it expires in that the item stays on but the effects deactivate.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 19
    i know many that made and still play with no leech and even bossing wich is fun but with legion/union its broken ;(
    yea they dont have card set etc etc but why not lvl count in total lvls? why do we need to get adv job ? f4444

BeginnersLIFE !
    ChroniusNightmare
    edited July 19
    ManiOh wrote: »
    i know many that made and still play with no leech and even bossing wich is fun but with legion/union its broken ;(
    yea they dont have card set etc etc but why not lvl count in total lvls? why do we need to get adv job ? f4444

BeginnersLIFE !

I know, man. I also wish they would be able to get Professions.
    edited July 20
    AKradian wrote: »
    This is awesome.
    Most people think leeching is the only way to level a beginner. I'm glad to see that's not so.

What level is your highest-level no-leech beginner?

My highest is a Lv. 184 Beginner. I'm currently working on making a perm Citizen over in Luna and as a little challenge, I've decided not to make any other characters to help it get funded. So far, it's really not that bad. I've been selling coloured bandanas and mini-games like the Memory Game and Omok set. I also figured I could snag the 1st rank spot. My character's currently sitting at rank 7.

• WorklessWorkless
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 20
    Level 201 beginner here. I haven't grinded on it though and got to where I'm at purely from events. Took about 5 years. lol!
    I don't know where to go from there though... Advice?
    edited July 20
    Workless wrote: »
    Level 201 beginner here. I haven't grinded on it though and got to where I'm at purely from events. Took about 5 years. lol!
    I don't know where to go from there though... Advice?

I'd recommend Princess No's Alter Ego. That guaranteed 207.2mil EXP from entering all seven times a day is too good to pass up. It's especially better if the Burning Field effect is at max in all five stages to give 414.4mil. It also stacks with 2x coupons/event. Normal Amount + max Burning Field + 2x coupon + Cash Shop/Reward Shop 2x coupon + 2x event = 1.036bil EXP.
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 20
    I'm a level 211 beginner who has never heard of PNAE thank you so much
    ChroniusNightmare
    edited July 20
    Horsechub wrote: »

Don't feel too bad, not a lot of people have. It just takes some stumbling around through optional quests that are usually pretty pointless, but then you find a gold mine.
    edited July 20
    Horsechub wrote: »

And sadly, that's pretty much the only "broken" thing I've found for stuff passed 140+. 112+ is pretty much repetitive Bosshunter production.
    edited July 20
    [
    Okhura wrote: »
    Really nice guide! It's making me miss my permanent beginner :(

A lot of time's gone by, making one isn't such a bad idea anymore. Maybe you can remake it, and make it better than ever :)