[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Launcher doesn't recognize game

SupafuzzieSupafuzzie
Reactions: 500
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
Here's the situation in general:
I play maplestory one day, and then the next day, the launcher can't run maplestory. I didn't uninstall, I didn't do anything weird.
Before, I'd have it say update, even though I go to the website and I don't see any maintenance/updates that occurred.
But this time kind of bothered me a LOT.
So: I played maplestory yesterday, I put my laptop to sleep. SLEEEEEEP. But since my laptop has an SSD for the OS, it eventually just hibernates. Then today I try to play, the button says play and it shows up they grey textbox with no text on it. So I go to the settings and try to repair the installation. It verifies and then it downloads something. Afterwards, I try running the game and it still does the same thing. I check the website and no update has occurred. I try to repair the installation again but it still doesn't work. I finally go to my settings and press set to default and I'm downloading the ENTIRE game again. What is going on? I look into my maplestory folder and I still have my appdata and patchdata folders; appdata folder looks okay, it has setup, gamelauncher, maplestory and a bunch of other files I don't really think I can do anything with, but patch data folders only seem to have text files (I'm not sure what's in it before).
When this occurs, the control panel also doesn't show that I have maplestory installed... I'm not sure if it's supposed to show up, but it's missing when this happens.

Is it the launcher? Is it my hard drive (my games are stored in the hard drive while my OS is in the SSD)? I've already done a chkdsk command on the msconfig on my hard drive when this occurred last time, and it said that my hard drive was fine.
Please help

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    It's the launcher, after the recent update to the launcher, there were issues. I already chatted with a live gm about the launcher itself. They passed it on to the developers and said to be patient while they investigate. They asked me for a few txt files from my computer to pin point perhaps the compatibility issues.

Dont update it as itll be a 9 gig file. ill post a solution to this, i had a post about a solution but it was merged to something else, ill go dig for it
    edited July 2017
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14780/blank-screen-fix-via-nexon-support#latest

it'll be the seconnd post, the VFM merged it as he thought two of my posts were the same, I suppose he cant un merge them. I know youre not getting th eblank box pop up but the steps I wrote down should bypass having to download the 9 gig file.

If you dont understand, it may be because of the thread merge.

This are the steps

Go to the file/folder nexon launcher locates maplestory from, (copy and save the maplestory file to another folder (for reuse of the folder)

then delete maplestory from the location the launcher is set to locate it to play/install
    then from the copied folder, right click on the maplestory folder and copy, go to the folder launcher locates maplestory from and paste it back in there
    log off and back into launcher, click update/play and itll download about 16 mb file then it should work
    edited July 2017
    You can also try re downloading nexon launcher. But if you already started downloading the game again and didnt have a back up maplestory file then youll have to wait it out.
  • SupafuzzieSupafuzzie
    edited July 2017
    None of the methods worked. I tried Both of yours from Argent and DarkPassenger :( I still get the blank box. And at some point I had the play button and I pressed play, it would say currently in game, and then it'd go back to a clickable play button with nothing running. I think I'll just stick with the steam launcher for now.
    Thanks for trying though
    edited July 2017
    Supafuzzie wrote: »
    None of the methods worked. I tried Both of yours from Argent and DarkPassenger :( I still get the blank box. And at some point I had the play button and I pressed play, it would say currently in game, and then it'd go back to a clickable play button with nothing running. I think I'll just stick with the steam launcher for now.
    Thanks for trying though

Yep, I actually just spoke to a gm through the ticket system (email), they said to just use steam and be patient while they look into the issue.
    At least you know it's not an isolated issue. A lot of people have been going through it.
  • SupafuzzieSupafuzzie
    edited July 2017
    Yes thanks! Since I already have the attention of a moderator, I just wanted to say that I liked the Gamelauncher because I have multiple accounts, so it made changing between accounts a lot easier to get to different characters. If I could switch accounts without having to close the entire launcher in the updated launcher, that would be great.
    edited July 2017
    While i cant address that as Im not a moderator, they usually spend their time in the suggestion, feedback section, you can post a new thread to suggest they bring back the game launcher in that area, you may get them to respond.
    Supafuzzie