[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

players looting speed & other server-sided functio

NolimitsNolimits
Reactions: 710
edited July 2017 in Bug Reporting
Hi
I am a very old maplestory player. I live in Israel and I have been playing since beta. All since than, eventhought endless game updates there has still been one issue that has not being solved since the creation of the game - the looting speed. The looting function is server-sided, and I am playing at Bera ever since it was created and the servers are located at North America and it is very far from Israel. This directly affects the looting speed as it is VERY slow compared to American players that are geographically closer to the server location. Me and all Israel players are able to loot item-drops one by one at a very slow rate, while North America and Europe players (that play in Luna server) are literally looting at pet's speed. This is an unfair advantage that it's fix is something very simple - make the looting function client-sided and not server sided, just like character movement and jumping. It will make everyone playing in the Global Maplestory servers looting speed equal as it is not being affected by the distance the player is from the server. This will improve the gameplay of many players not even from Israel but all around the world.
By the way - I have tried playing at Luna server but still the looting speed is still not good enough. It should be way faster than that and even if it was the same - no one will move to the European servers after investing years of training in an account.
This issue of the server-sided functions also affects other stuff like specific character skills - Battle Mages Teleport, Mihile's Royal Guard and other stuff I can't remmber now. This actually makes people that are from Israel (or any people far away from the server) retain from going as a Battle Mage or Mihile because it's directly affecting the gameplay.
By saying it is a global server you should help people with issues all around the globe and I truly hope you could help me with this one.
Thank you very much and I hope you can take this in a serious manner.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    There is a good reason for loot to be server-sided.
    If you make looting client-sided, hackers will use packet editing to tell the server they looted all sorts of goodies that never dropped.

However, rumor has it that manual looting used to be a lot faster for everyone. If that's so, maybe Nexon needs to look at what's changed, and fix it.
    Its2Sharp4U