[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Accused of Hacking 3 Times Today

ThonerThoner
Reactions: 1,375
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
Hello,

I have been a Mapler for about a year and, out of the many games I played, only Dark Souls and Minecraft out rank this awesome game which I give 9/10. That being said, I am shocked that one of my favorite games is frequently accusing me of hacking it when I have no knowledge of how to hack anything. Initially, I thought it may be a bug of some kind with Ardentmill but, when I quickly left Ardentmill to try to start a boss run with a friend starting at Helisium/Pantheon, I am accused of hacking for a third time.
I am greatly concerned about this for many reasons, wanting to get a lot of override coins, wanting to beef up my character in the adventurous, fun environment I experienced with my character, also named Thoner, in Zenith. I even changed to channel 2 where people seem to be having more success with staying in the game (since channel 1 is usually packed an currently has the lowest population I have seen it have, even compared to early mornings). Yet, with all of these changes, I still get thrown out for hacking.
The following is a list of concerns that I have since I am not sure, at this point, if it is a bug or not:
1.) Why is it happening. ( I am not a hacker. Why would I get this message.)
2.) Will I be banned for these accusations? ( This is the only game I have atm, I do not want to loose it over hacking when I do not even know how too hack.)
3.) Are their any other consequences I could face despite only trying to play the game? ( Good to know in case this happens again.)
4.) If I continue trying to play the game and, somehow, I get banned, will the ban be removed once it is known that I did not hack? (I really want to get back in the game.)
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

A concerned Mapler

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    If it's a message that pops up that says something about hacking detected nad you get d/c, it's due to the instability of the server.

If you were banned, youd get a blue or a different message that tells you you were permanently banned or for whatever period of time. Aside from that you would no longer have access to the game in general
    ThonerLilyflower
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2017
    Still very annoying to be d/c and told that "Your being blocked GM for the hack reason"! I'm not hacking and i'm sorry if your game is unstable, but it would be better if it said something else. They could just say "Your being disconnected due to server instability, please re-log". A more gentle note that does not make accusations about hacking would be appreciated. We all know there are issues with the servers and the game crashes because of it. Being accused of hacking all the time is like a cop pulling you over to give you a warning ticket for speeding when your driving the limit. We are not doing anything wrong!!!!! I'm just trying to play the game =[
    Thoner
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2017
    d/c again...blocked for the hack reason.
  • DelvonshiDelvonshi
    Reactions: 105
    edited July 2017
    Really need to know your class. There are certain abilities that can trigger the system to do this. For example, skills that reflect damage when you take damage tend to cause the GM ban message to appear when you are doing nothing wrong. Try disabling them if your class has one *Aran, mechanic etc*. There are a few other skills, sadly I can't remember what they are.. Jett's third skill that you hold down and does constant damage can cause it as well.
    Thoner
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2017
    I'm on a kanna standing in one place...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I'm on a kanna standing in one place...

kanna has always had this issue. It's a latency dependent class. During 2x events kanna will trigger this message to come up more than most classes.
    Thoner