[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game closes with NGS Hacking Detected msg

MorfiusMorfius
Reactions: 510
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
Hey guys,

i usually dont post a lot on Forums, but i really need help. Lets start.

The day before the latest patch, maple started to shut down with that Message:
IpuSWhS.png

Thats pretty strange for me because i never hacked or cheated or whatever. Of course i asked google. Google said i am not the only one with this problem and i found a lot of ideas to fix that problem. I tryd every single one so far.

- added all .exe files in my firewall.
- changed my DEP(Data Execution Prevention) and added Maplestory.exe and GameLauncher.exe
- starting MS with compatibility mode (win 7) and as Admin.
- i checked the installation with steam
- i restarted several times
- i switched to the Nexon Game Launcher
- i uninstalled some programs like Punkbuster
- i deleted my Browsercache
- i chatted with the Support and wrote a ticket. I Provided my DxDiag and an Processlist. I did everything they wanted me to do.
- i turned of my Firewall and my Antivitus Program

So Far - nothing helped. The strangest thing is that i played happily and everything, changed nothing on my system, sleeped, woke up and wanted to play Maplestory and all of a sudden im a hacker.

So what is wrong? What can i do?
Thoner

Comments

• isjcvrisjcvr
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2017
    Hey. I also have been getting this error (NGS Hacking detected) thing. Anyone else know how to fix this? Thanks!
    Morfius
  • ClawzClawz
    Reactions: 310
    edited July 2017
    I was having the exact same problem as well. The way I solved it was by turning off my anti-virus and it started working again.

Nexon also has a support article for this: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/208942826-I-am-receiving-an-NGS-Initialization-Error

Hope you all can fix it soon and start playing again!
    Morfius
  • MorfiusMorfius
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for your Idea. Sadly i already did that - just forgot to add it in my post ^^ I edited it now :) But just to be sure i turned it off again and tested it but with the same result.
  • StevenCStevenC
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2017
    same problem with me. I clicked update it's running 207 MB and after that it started run agian 9 Gb. I don't know how to do right now.
  • DrZeusDrZeus
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited July 2017
    Personally i just submitted a ticket a while ago for this same error after following the steps already provided (excluding Maplestory files from avast and such) and nothing working still. But then a random thought came to mind to unplug all peripherals except my mouse/keyboard and oddly enough i didn't crash.... yet. currently doing more tests to see if it was some other device giving it the hacking error
    Morfius
  • SimplyPixelSimplyPixel
    Reactions: 200
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I'm having this problem also. I don't know how to fix it.
  • MorfiusMorfius
    edited July 2017
    Thanks DrZeus! That was a good idea. I tested it but the results are the same. Still the Msg, still no Maple for me :(
  • MorfiusMorfius
    edited July 2017
    I cant play for a week now. Come on Nexon. Nothing helped so far - nothing!

I miss all the events, the discounts, everything. That makes me sad and angry. You want to know what reddit suggests? Use a hack - it will probably work and Nexon never catch any real Hacks. You want that, Nexon? Do you want me or other players to actually hack to fix your bugs? Come one ... :(
  • MorfiusMorfius
    edited August 2017
    Just an Update:

The issue is still the same and the best part: My ticket got closed just for the sake of closing. Bullshit ...
    "We will get back to you with a follow-up to this ticket once an update is available. In the meantime, the ticket will remain closed. " Ha, best joke i heard for a long time. But its a nice way to say "Screw you we just want to forget you and your problem" :)

19th July and still waiting ...
    Amazing Support!
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Dang. Do you get locked out after about 2 minutes of game play with that message? My problem is similar and can be timed...
  • MorfiusMorfius
    edited September 2017
    Correct ...
    If you keep getting this you can quit Maple, you wont get any help :) Like me ;)
  • moonkittyxmoonkittyx
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017
    I'm also experiencing the same issue.
    I didn't have any issues with the game until tune update from August 30, 2017.
    Support was not much help either.
    I can't even play the game right now. :/
  • MorfiusMorfius
    edited October 2017
    I give up.

If anyone ever get this, good luck. After Months i didnt get any more help after the standard answers werent helping.

So yea, im leave maplesory forever now. Its not hard because hey, i cant play it anyway ;)
  • melonsrgewdmelonsrgewd
    Reactions: 500
    I actually just got that message and it closed my game, but I was able to log in still!