[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Memory/DLL corruption

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 605
    edited December 2016
    ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

D/C after using 5th job skill from wind archer (hallowing gate)
    Does a full shutdown help fix this bug?
    Are you also experiencing any of the other bug listed? If not and if a full shutdown doesn't fix your problem, then this bug is not related to memory corruption.
  • runeviperzruneviperz
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Sometimes when I'm playing Maple for a while my game becomes frozen, and in Task Manager, the CPU usage of Maplestory.exe goes to 0% usage. Ending the process and restarting the game results in my character being able to log into the world, but after a few seconds playing the game will repeat the same thing and freeze again. The only way I would fix this problem is to do a computer restart (Start>Power>Restart), but even then I've sometimes experienced that after that restart, the same problem would occur one first load. There was one instance when I had to restart my computer twice before the problem fixed itself, maybe this is also related?
  • jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    Reactions: 525
    edited January 3
    You say Memory/dll corruption. But What Dll Is it, So we can manually unload it and reload it (and Figure out what causes these weird bugs). Without having to resort to a system restart. Does it have something to do with blackcipher since I don't recall ever getting these issues back when Gameguard was in use.

What dll is maplestory loading/using on my system, that staying loaded until A system restart. Im assuming its a system related dll, But If that was the case Maplestory wouldnt be the only program acting wonky. And when I get this bug *Usually after 1-2 weeks of not turning off pc* Nothing else bugs out
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 16,690
    edited January 3

@jasonmbrown , I'm sorry. If I knew which DLL it is, I would give the instructions to unload it.

Back when I initially made this bug report, I had hoped that Nexon's programmers would be able to figure out what, exactly, they are corrupting, based on the symptoms. But I guess that since this is not reproducible at will, the issue was not even passed along to the developers.

• jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    edited January 3
    ah... Do you know For a fact that its a dll? If so Is there not a method to monitor what dlls are In use by maplestory, And then just wait for corruption? *I find that I When i get it, its after a Crash to desktop with no error*. After getting corrupted Shouldnt one be able to unload Most of the dll's (And also see which ones Are not Being unloaded on maplestorys close)

Or Would anti-hack Pick up on trying to view the dll's being accessed by blackcipher/maplestory
  • AKradianAKradian
    edited January 3
    jasonmbrown

: "ah... Do you know For a fact that its a dll? If so Is there not a method to monitor what dlls are In use by maplestory, And then just wait for corruption? *I find that I When i get it, its after a Crash to desktop with no error*. After getting corrupted Shouldnt one be able to unload Most of the dll's (And also see which ones Are not Being unloaded on maplestorys close)

Or Would anti-hack Pick up on trying to view the dll's being accessed by blackcipher/maplestory"

I don't know. That's why the title says "memory/DLL". I don't know enough about Windows programming to know whether it offers any kind of memory data segment, shared or otherwise, that isn't a DLL but retains its values after the process exits (and isn't on disk, obviously).

I also don't know what the anti-hack would pick up on.

• jasonmbrownjasonmbrown
    edited January 6
    Fair enough. This is probably something the dev's should get around to looking into. I mean its existed for a while now...
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited January 11
    I can't belive this has been since october, i tought this was a new thing, and yeah sometimes it doesn't help restarting my pc, yesterday was all fine, now it's all bugy....
    Edit: sorry need to do an actual full shut down
  • AKradianAKradian
    edited January 10
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

: I can't belive this has been since october, i tought this was a new thing, and yeah sometimes it doesn't help restarting my pc, yesterday was all fine, now it's all bugy....
    It's a remake of a post from the old forums, http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.php?1379281-Memory-DLL-corruption, made in February 2015. Almost two years now.

As for restarting, make sure to follow the instructions for a FULL shutdown and restart.
  • Spirit0fFunSpirit0fFun
    Reactions: 330
    edited March 1
    AKradian-I have reported some of these things happening before. They usually appear soon after an update of some kind. I went through a whole bunch of suggestions from the tech crew and nothing they suggested worked..... only to find that they cleared up after the next Windows update.

Now when I see frozen farm monsters and the top five items of your list, I figure it will clear up with the next Windows update and it does.