[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Memory/DLL corruption

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 16,690
    edited March 1
    AKradian-I have reported some of these things happening before. They usually appear soon after an update of some kind. I went through a whole bunch of suggestions from the tech crew and nothing they suggested worked..... only to find that they cleared up after the next Windows update.

Now when I see frozen farm monsters and the top five items of your list, I figure it will clear up with the next Windows update and it does.

It clears up because the Windows Update forces a full restart of your computer.
    You can just do the restart yourself instead of waiting for the update.
  • SooFineSooFine
    Reactions: 400
    edited March 2
    i'll add even kanna's voice not working properly as it should BE ~!
  • Spirit0fFunSpirit0fFun
    Reactions: 330
    edited March 11
    Actually, part of the trouble shooting with the tech crew was to do that. However, as I pointed out to them, I shut down every night and reboot every morning.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it as well. The problem remained until the next Windows update.

It is a recurring problem that starts up after some (but not all) Maplestory updates, I just wait (impatiently) till the next Windows update and the problems go away. Thankfully, the time between the onset and the problem being resolved has been getting shorter.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 16,690
    edited March 11
    S
    Actually, part of the trouble shooting with the tech crew was to do that. However, as I pointed out to them, I shut down every night and reboot every morning.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it as well. The problem remained until the next Windows update.

It is a recurring problem that starts up after some (but not all) Maplestory updates, I just wait (impatiently) till the next Windows update and the problems go away. Thankfully, the time between the onset and the problem being resolved has been getting shorter.

Normal shutdown does not clear the corrupted memory. You have to do a full shutdown, which is what Windows Update does, to clear it.
    Follow the procedure outlined at https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/ to create a desktop shortcut for full shutdown, and use that next time this happens to you.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited March 19
    It works nicely for me