[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Eluna] Footprints of the Ancestors quest bug

SgfSgf
Reactions: 745
edited July 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Unable to complete quest due to bug
Brief bug summary: When attempting to use the camera on the spaceflight research laboratory map it keeps saying there is nothing to take a picture of.

Steps to reproduce: After finding the entrance to the correct map, which is located on the top right corner of Field of Stone, entering this map you can see the object which you need to take a picture of, attempting to use the camera only relays an error that there is nothing to take a picture of at this location.

Character name: BISHgohome

Character level: 221

Character job: Bishop

World name:Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 3:15 PDT

Comments

• baruh91baruh91
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2017
    same i find the place and have a screen shot(field of stone top right)
    https://ibb.co/ctLmQQ

Character name: BHDS

Character level: 120

Character job: Demon slayer

World name:Reboot

Date and time of the incident:10:13am utc
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited July 2017
    Have either of you tried standing beneath it?
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited July 2017
    I have. About four times. Even tried teleporting on top of it. Nothing.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I had a similar issue with the next quest where you get a second picture of a Water Facility in Earthen Risen (or whatever it's called, map near south). I forfeited and reaccepted, ran in and out, and did a whole bunch of weird things. I managed to get the picture some how though, the only main different thing I remember doing is I took the picture without moving after entering the map (right on top of the portal), not sure if this'll help, but gl.
  • qwermqwerm
    Reactions: 535
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, still having no luck with the second quest for the Water Facility; had accepted and forfeited the quest multiple times and no luck so far.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    It's so much fun being excluded from temporary content because it's not properly tested, or fixed in a timely matter after playing discover it. :(
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Can confirm that the 3rd photo location (Stellar Observatory [or something like that]) is also bugged.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    From what I read on the Discord, the problem is that the camera only works on the first instance of Eluna Prime.
    On the bigger servers, or during busy hours, there are too many people on the Express to fit into one instance, so a second (or more) is created.
    But the camera (and world-map navigation, oddly enough) only work in the first instance. You can know whether you're in the right instance by trying to use navigation.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    From what I read on the Discord, the problem is that the camera only works on the first instance of Eluna Prime.
    On the bigger servers, or during busy hours, there are too many people on the Express to fit into one instance, so a second (or more) is created.
    But the camera (and world-map navigation, oddly enough) only work in the first instance. You can know whether you're in the right instance by trying to use navigation.

Er, I'm a little slow, can you explain what you mean by "first instance" like the first Eluna Prime run of the day/event?
    What do you mean by "world-map navigation? Like if you double click on the world map the red g arrow? Or like navigation from the quest log?

EDIT: Nvm on the instance part, I figured out what that means.
  • anomalyravenanomalyraven
    Reactions: 500
    edited August 2017
    I can confirm this as well. It worked on my Marauder when I did it the first time, but when I tried it on my Shade I couldn't even get past the first picture-quest. It just says there is nothing of interest to take a photography of when I enter the map hidden in Field of Stones.