[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Client stutter during excessive damage/loot procs

MoooshMooosh
Reactions: 740
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
The game client an hour after launching will begin to freeze/stutter during many small instances such as mob hits, looting, or even buffing. When large amounts of these are strung together (like looting a large pile or dealing large aoe skills) the client will actually freeze during the duration of the events and then resume back to normal once they have registered.

Funny thing is that there was a week period of time where the issue was completely absent (I had sessions well over 2-3 hours with no stuttering arising).

I am extremely doubtful that this is anything cpu/gpu related since I've had flawless sessions in between.

I've searched all around for various solutions, I suspect something very specific is causing the stuttering that, for some reason, was absent before the issue returned today.

My usual sessions involve doing few daily bosses and some grinding (few quests if any).

I suspect that it may be due to some event related trigger that is only present later in a session?

Or maybe the client falls into a state that stutters as a result of certain code blocks being executed together?

Additional details that may help:
This stuttering "state" is independent of mobs killed leading up to it. It also doesn't "gradually" intensify, it is more like a stark difference.

One thing I have observed across every time it has happened is that it will blatantly be present after some period of not killing any mobs (during this time there may be lots of world navigation and/or quest/npc interactions, not necessarily afk). I.e. I have no recollection of it ever happening mid boss or mid training.

Any ideas? Suggestions? I could try to run some tests to help narrow the cause but there are a billion possible factors.