[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Important Notice in Regards to PTS Accessibility

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Any link to contact them? Have been searching for a time and got desperate.

The email you received contains a link to a Discord server.
    Go there, read the #announcements, and follow the instructions.
  • DeadlyDonkeyDeadlyDonkey
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Discord is a very strange app :X
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'm just wondering why mentioning release times/dates of Tespia is even part of the NDA tbh. Like how would that information possibly be of any use to anyone that isn't a tester? It leaks no information of any importance to say when the server will be released.
  • ChuChuRuChuChuRu
    Reactions: 440
    edited August 2017
    Yonax wrote: »
    Dear Nexon,

Just a moment ago the news came to me that the PTS was unavailable for players in Luna and Reboot. As a fellow Luna player this made me quite sad. We went through the effort of applying for the PTS, which at first was not even working properly, a bypass to this was to make a level 1 character in any NA server. Than today we got the news that a majority of the player base was excluded from the PTS.

I always thought that since the migration last year, it was the idea to make GMS one large big community/family. Therefore I hope for the players in Luna as well as Reboot that this issue can be resolved before the PTS gets opened for players to test. Cause to my understanding you only have to copy over characters and after that you can give everyone premade gear on the PTS to test any occuring bugs in the PTS of new patches. By leaving out your 2 biggest servers in GMS you exclude so many players, to possibly help you out testing as well as their knowledge of the game and knowing their specific classes to make it easier to test content on a new test server.

Sincere,

A saddened Luna Player

Says the reason is technical limitations. what those tech limitations are should be the question.

Most likely neglect.

When EMS was merged with GMS, all of our existing GMS were basically fired, and none of the American GMS visit Luna, not that I've seen at least.
    Also their timezone is way off as 70% of Luna play when the GMs are sleeping / late at night/early mornings.

The closest I've seen to GMs in Luna is their bad Twitch spam notices, instead of banning all the botters that they were kind enough to give us, they go streaming.
    EMS was almost hack-free before the move, our GMs, which were loved and did a fantastic job, were booted. Considering Nexon EU and NA are both properties of Nexon Korea, it shouldn't have been impossible to let the current Game masters have continued, especially as they are in the EU timezone.

On a more to-the-point quite; No idea about the Reboot server, but the EU server is located in Europe, and moving stuff from server to server can be a tedious job, but not hard if you know what you're doing.

I don't know the big fancy for this test server anyway, we get to test what Nexon is willing to let us test, 80% of those things won't actually fix the biggest issues with MapleStory; Lack of staff involvement, lack of free speech (which was drastically worsened for us Euros after we joined the PC version), tons of hackers, freemium gameplay, list goes on. Of course, that cannot be blamed on Nexon America entlirely either as they're owned by Nexon Korea, but I do know that hacking is non-existent over there compared to here.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Never knew contacting Nexon was so hard! I think they should work on that...
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited August 2017
    Never knew contacting Nexon was so hard! I think they should work on that...
    u gotta be careful nexon america won't respond 24/7.

Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Not only responding, but also finding where to send a request for aid. Even Ubisoft took less time to do all rather then just finding how to contact Nexon directly and not finding the FAQ the 11th time.
  • bkongbkong
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    So is the PTS still in the nexon launcher for you guys?