[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Not Launching

ItaChi_487ItaChi_487
Reactions: 200
edited August 2017 in Tech Support
When I start Maple, the Nexon game security pop up comes on then,after a while, it goes a way and the game never shows, I checked Task Manager and Maple is there but after a while it turns off.

Please help. This is the first time Im gonna play this, it seems fun, but I cant get on.

Comments

• MrPSyndromeMrPSyndrome
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    im facing the same promblem, yet my new friend was able to play i dont see how and why its just now doing it to me... been playing for 4 years now...
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I had the same problem as @ItaChi_487
    I did this : (Under spoiler cuz kinda big)
    I found this googling around. I won't post link because I think the site where it originally was posted supports hacking activity, but here was the solution:

This error occurs shortly after launching the client and can be caused by a compatibility registry key for a library maplestory loads. It is fixed by removing the registry key.

The registry key is located at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers", and contains a value with the name consisting of the path to your maplestory.exe, and the Data being something similar to "$~ IgnoreFreeLibrary<nmconew.dll>". The dll can vary. Deleting the value fixes the issue.
    just press the windows key and type regedit and press enter to start it up
    Windows 10 video:

If that doesn't work, you can try this:
    Argent wrote: »
    If you mean you get the following
    iGu2Y9T.png
    I've had happen fairly often with the Nexon launcher. You can use the Steam launcher instead ( I haven't had any major issues with it ). Or you can take the following steps and it will usually fix things, for a while.
    1. Go to your games install folder. If you chose the default settings when installing that's going to be C:\Nexon\Library or press the little gear icon in the Launcher to bring up the game settings and click the "Open game location link"
    2. Go the games folder
    3. Rename the maplestory folder something else like maplestory1
    4. Press Play on the launcher
    5. The launcher should no longer see the game and begin to redownload the game. Press cancel, not pause.
    6. Open the game settings in the launcher and click uninstall
    7. If you kept the file explorer window open go back to it and change the name of the game install folder to something else like Games1
    8. Now open the Nexon launcher settings by clicking the arrow next to your profile picture.
    9. Scroll down to "Game installation location
    10. Click on "Change Folder"
    11. Select your newly renamed games folder. You will probably see an empty folder with the old name, this was created by the launcher, and you can delete it later.
    12. Go back to the maplestory folder and rename it back to just maplestory
    13. Press download on the Nexon launcher, it should verify that everything is in its proper place and switch to a "Play" button again
    14. Press play and if everything worked all the pathways will have been reassociated in the launcher and allow your to play again.

I got this info from this thread : Here.
  • ReNaPzyReNaPzy
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    The game does not start
    I have problems starting the maplestory I get the button to play in launcher but it does not start reisntale and still with the problem I would like a solution because it was juganobien I just left and when I entered after about 2 hours started with that problem