[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Events we'd like to see again

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    I want to see an event like eluna again and that event where you where able to get royal hair and faces for free by hunting mobs and doing quests.
    Also the chocolate event was fun too.

the event with royals was Maplehood Watch...I just hope they update the styles and perm NX when they run it again.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017
    It has felt that Nexon hasn't really been paying much attention to late game players with most events, cause the most other than cosmetics that a lot of coin shops have is epots, stamps, master cubes and honor medals. It was nice when there had been anvils and name change coupons available too. It appears all oriented to newer players or characters and wouldn't much benefit someone later into the game. Late game players shouldn't be excluded in usefulness of events.

Along with that it'd be great to see an increase or removal of the coins per day cap on boxes and a minimisation of event drops. I hate how having thousands of boxes is useless, since you're only ever limited to 60 a day. It also limits how much you can buy in coin shops. I don't even go out of my way to farm these boxes and I still end up with so much, but all they do is sit there and waste space. If someone wants to farm more and put more effort in to get more coins, then they should be able to do so.
    JettLuvsUShadowParadox
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    If Wonderoid comes back, I hope they heavily nerf the JQs in there. The JQs are the reason why I hated the event so much and hope it never comes back. Players shouldn't be punished with having to jump, so either make alternates for non-jumpers or decrease the difficulty.
    PetalmagicRollsShadowParadox
  • RollsRolls
    edited August 2017
    If Wonderoid comes back, I hope they heavily nerf the JQs in there. The JQs are the reason why I hated the event so much and hope it never comes back. Players shouldn't be punished with having to jump, so either make alternates for non-jumpers or decrease the difficulty.

The elitism was pretty terrible as well. "I only took 4 hours, it isn't hard." "get good, I only took 3 hours."
    1 jump quest should not take hours. That's how you know it's too hard. And Nexon shouldn't gate content with something so obscure (JQs) that people have absolutely no reason other than that event to be good at.
    DividedFlow
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I just remembered Secret Stories.
    I think it'd be cool if that returned, too >_>
    DividedFlow
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Artifacts and the detective event
    JettLuvsU
  • DKBDKB
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I miss Star Planet. :(
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Star World (the one with the constellations) would be nice. Gorgeous chairs and a good supply of Purple Magic Powders (especially useful in Reboot).
    Scavenger Hunt (I think that's what it was called. The one that had us traveling all over the world and gave things like Lucky Day and Innocence scrolls)
    JettLuvsU
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited August 2017
    I quite enjoy haste. Just different rewards this time please.

The planet event w/ the sun chair as the final reward.

And the 20/40/100 event things like the latte one we just had, there was one previously with rice cakes. I enjoy collecting but wasn't too fond of the clicking part since it almost never registers on the first click.

Kaleido spinner maybe though the status of my setup tab will seriously disagree.
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    ...world transfer
    JettLuvsU
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    Star World, the area where you farm mobs for coins to get constellation chairs.
    DividedFlow
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited August 2017
    • NX transfer event (I just got back into the game and noticed this is a thing, I would love to experience one of these)
    • Kaleido spinner (chairs are always welcomed, especially in reboot)
    • Beefy (because food pets are great)
    • Wonderoid (because I had that floor bug on all characters and it was patched like in the final days, would have loved a shot at the medal)
    • I forget but a few years back there was this neat moon bunny event, they lived in a cute house on the moon and you had to give them cakes, that was fun.
    • Cake vs Pie (i haven't been on for a long time so unsure if you guys still rock this but I remember how much fun the very first one was, maybe make the medals perm?)
    • Maplehood Watch because those beauty coupons are always welcomed
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited August 2017
    The Madhouse event also had charms of it's own. Freaking someone out with a few of the chairs and messing about with the various routes to hit the exit. Also the thought of seeing lovable Chloe again.

Only downside to that event was trying to find the sweet spot for drop rate of batteries.
    DividedFlow
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2017

00Dz0-ee6b1e6c-8d67-4d0a-ba73-b1e00e445ab4.jpg

This event please
    KhongiRollsAKradianPetalmagicShadowParadoxDividedFlowIts2Sharp4U
  • RollsRolls
    edited August 2017
    Actually, I'd like to see more event boxes be tradable like Festival boxes. It's nice to not have to go on every character to farm coins if ever that's necessary.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2017
    I just hope if they bring back Maplehood Watch....they seriously update the looks offered...I have basically every item offered in the two past events...on every "group" of characters...
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited August 2017
    I wanna visit Past Maple again - need those lupin dolls
  • BaydenNBaydenN
    Reactions: 660
    edited August 2017
    Heres what i remember and wouldnt mind seeing again

The Agent Event, the one for Agent N and Agent C's Titanium Recievers. and who can forget those suits.

The Visitor event. (that the Alien PQ for lv200 is based on)

The Old Maple Mirror Thing. (Do quests in old Maple world to get rusty coins or something to exchange for rewards) and in anticipation to the people who would claim botters can train there, i propose they give 0 exp per kill as their only purpose being there is for the quests for the coins.

The Moon Bunny event where you rode the spaceship through jump quests to get to the end.

There was a full month before the First Wave of KoC Revamps back when which gave perm nx and a few pets which was nice because who doesnt like free things.

1 Day Clothing in Cash Shop for like 100k Mesos Each and the equips gave about 7 Charm, if any.

Cake vs Pie was definitely fun.

There is a Pyramid in NLC which was home to several maps of Anniversary monsters which all dropped cakes (potions), and had nice exp too. Sadly that's never been reopened to my knowledge.
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2017
    BaydenN wrote: »

The Agent Event, the one for Agent N and Agent C's Titanium Recievers. and who can forget those suits.

The Old Maple Mirror Thing. (Do quests in old Maple world to get rusty coins or something to exchange for rewards) and in anticipation to the people who would claim botters can train there, i propose they give 0 exp per kill as their only purpose being there is for the quests for the coins.

The Moon Bunny event where you rode the spaceship through jump quests to get to the end.

There was a full month before the First Wave of KoC Revamps back when which gave perm nx and a few pets which was nice because who doesnt like free things.

1 Day Clothing in Cash Shop for like 100k Mesos Each and the equips gave about 7 Charm, if any.

There is a Pyramid in NLC which was home to several maps of Anniversary monsters which all dropped cakes (potions), and had nice exp too. Sadly that's never been reopened to my knowledge.

Id love to get a nice Perm pet...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    BaydenN wrote: »

Id love to get a nice Perm pet...

in reboot