[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Open Job for Heros

OzPitOzPit
Reactions: 520
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Would be nice if we could switch Job between Hero classes!

:)

Comments

• kamilkamil
    Reactions: 315
    edited August 2017
    I was reading only thread's name and I already knew the answer.
    No, lol.
    Every Hero class is a seperate class (like warrior, mage and so on.)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    kamil wrote: »
    I was reading only thread's name and I already knew the answer.
    No, lol.
    Every Hero class is a seperate class (like warrior, mage and so on.)

this

open advancement only works for explorers cause they can only jump to different branches of the same sub class (pirate, warrior etc.) and they all share the same storyline pretty much, with DB's and cannons only having a slightly different storyline that eventually ends up turning into the same sotryline as the other adventurers/explorers anyway (adventure book).
  • zivkigel98zivkigel98
    Reactions: 500
    edited August 2017
    maybe it could work for Demon slayer and Demon avenger they both warriors
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    You know, the Demon guy has a point. My two cents on this topic would be that of open job switching for Cygnus or Resistance.
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited August 2017
    zivkigel98 wrote: »
    maybe it could work for Demon slayer and Demon avenger they both warriors

I agree with this
  • MhatMhat
    Reactions: 640
    edited August 2017
    I think there would be a problem when you switch with ds to da. As you would switch from str to hp, that would probably result in hp washing.
  • zivkigel98zivkigel98
    Reactions: 500
    edited August 2017
    Mhat wrote: »
    I think there would be a problem when you switch with ds to da. As you would switch from str to hp, that would probably result in hp washing.

Explorers(Pirates) have been given the opportunity to do so,change from dexterity to strength and even get a different type of weapon
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017

Explorers(Pirates) have been given the opportunity to do so,change from dexterity to strength and even get a different type of weapon

they don't get a different weapon from switching, they have to get one themselves.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

they don't get a different weapon from switching, they have to get one themselves.

They get the generic level 100/110 weapon, but youre right cause thats trash.
  • MhatMhat
    Reactions: 640
    edited August 2017

Switching, as a pirate, works because there is no ap in hp. A pirate with ap added in either hp or mp wouldn't get it back if they did an open job adv from str to dex or dex to str.

The reason for this is because of hp/mp washing.

If a da could switch multiple times from da to ds and back would probably result in to having a higher base health than people who didn't. Which would be a huge boost for a da.